Re: [S-R] more surnames from Slovak magazine

  • Linda Reilly
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 4, 2009
      Hi, I'm a new member.  What is your webpage?  I'd like to check it out.  Thank you!

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 4, 2009
        Linda,
        SLOVAK-ROOTS is a genealogy support group for those who have family roots in the country of Slovakia. That is the simple answer.
        Is there something more you would like to know?

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 4, 2009
          Yes, I realize the purpose of the group.  Sorry, I guess my request to the previous post in the 'Surnames from Slovak Magazine' wasn't clearly written.  I wanted to know how to locate the archives she mentioned.  I was hoping I might find info about my grandmother's family (Ochotniczky and Kiliany) in the magazines archives.

          Thank you.

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 4, 2009
            Linda,
            Out of curiosity I entered your surnames in the Slovak 1995 Census data base. The surname Ocholniczky had not listing. But Kiliany did -
            the first line says that there were 36 listing for Kiliany in 36 locations, the top 12 are given. Each listing is 1) name of the place, 2) (okr) name of the county it is in and 3) how many Kiliany are there.
            My ancestral village is in okr. Stara Lubovna, except for Durkova I have been to all of the other places during my six trips. And okr. Poprad it the county just west okr. Stara Lubovna.
            Do you know where your Kiliany ancestors came from?
            Priezvisko KILIANY sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 36×, celkový pocet lokalít: 12, v lokalitách:
            FORBASY, okr. STARÁ LUBOVNA - 9×;
            KAMIENKA, okr. STARÁ LUBOVNA - 6×;
            BRESTOVANY, okr. TRNAVA - 4×;
            NIZNÉ RUZBACHY, okr. STARÁ LUBOVNA - 4×;
            ZAVAR, okr. TRNAVA - 4×;
            DURKOVÁ, okr. STARÁ LUBOVNA - 2×;
            GÁN, okr. GALANTA - 2×;
            SPACINCE, okr. TRNAVA - 1×;