RE: [S-R] HOw do I search when I am there?

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
      Whoopedo! According to this, his petition for naturalization says he was
      born in Kiralyhelmec (spelling a bit mangled in the transcription). This is
      the Hungarian name of the town of Kralovsky Chlmec, just north of the
      Hungarian border in eastern Slovakia.

      This is precisely the information you need to research the family.
      Microfilms of Roman Catholic (and Reformed) church records for this town are
      available for you to order and read at your nearest LDS Family History
      Center.

      Footnote.com does seem to have access to a lot of good stuff not available
      on Ancestry.com.

      The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you will
      be visiting.

      Janet

      _____

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
        You are going to have to send for his naturalization papers to find exact
        village and port of entry.
        Hope this helps,
        Marilyn

        How do I do this?
        Cheryl
        PS why would one place say born in Czech and other Hungary?

        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
          KIRAJ KELMEZ AUSTRIA HUNG ARY CZECHECO SLOVAK

          This is what I highlighted.

          I understand Austria is a birthplace what are the other words? Does anyone
          know?
          Cheryl

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
            Cheryl,

            For some reason my response that I sent on the 2nd was never published, so
            here is a second attempt:

            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
              The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you
              will
              be visiting.

              Thank you anyway for this info. I appreciate it so much.
              Cheryl
              steps!
              (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585087x1201462804/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
              JulystepsfooterNO62)