Velebir/Sabanosh families

  • dotdonahoo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2009
      I am researching my Andras Curlik grandfather from Hanusovce nad Toplou. In looking thru film from LDS (records from the Evangelical Church in Hanusovce nad Toplou), there were many Velebir and Sabanosh listed (both with variations of the spellings).

      I was not able to make a connection with my Curlik family to the Velebirs, but I do recall family telling me many years ago that there was a connection.

      I am in contact with a Curlik descendant who knew the Velebirs from Garfield (Bergen County), New Jersey. She wrote that "The Velebirs were very nice." She remembers them from the 1920-30's.

      I was in contact with a John Sabanosh from Stephen City, Va. He was born in Garfield and I believe he knew the Velebirs. He is quite elderly and has not replied to my recent e-mails, so I suspect old age has caught up with him.

      While you're researching your family, please let me know if you come across a Curlik connection, especially with the Velebirs. Good luck.

      Dot