Re: [S-R] HOw do I search when I am there?

  • bemimitwo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
      Hi,
      I don't know what highlight area you have in question?
      If you are asking about Footnote.com ? This is a pay for membership web
      site. not too bad a price to join.
      also has some free things too.

    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
        Whoopedo! According to this, his petition for naturalization says he was
        born in Kiralyhelmec (spelling a bit mangled in the transcription). This is
        the Hungarian name of the town of Kralovsky Chlmec, just north of the
        Hungarian border in eastern Slovakia.

        This is precisely the information you need to research the family.
        Microfilms of Roman Catholic (and Reformed) church records for this town are
        available for you to order and read at your nearest LDS Family History
        Center.

        Footnote.com does seem to have access to a lot of good stuff not available
        on Ancestry.com.

        The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you will
        be visiting.

        Janet

        _____

        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
          You are going to have to send for his naturalization papers to find exact
          village and port of entry.
          Hope this helps,
          Marilyn

          How do I do this?
          Cheryl
          PS why would one place say born in Czech and other Hungary?

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
            KIRAJ KELMEZ AUSTRIA HUNG ARY CZECHECO SLOVAK

            This is what I highlighted.

            I understand Austria is a birthplace what are the other words? Does anyone
            know?
            Cheryl

            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
              Cheryl,

              For some reason my response that I sent on the 2nd was never published, so
              here is a second attempt:

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you
                will
                be visiting.

                Thank you anyway for this info. I appreciate it so much.
                Cheryl
                steps!
                (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585087x1201462804/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
                JulystepsfooterNO62)