Re: [S-R] HOw do I search when I am there?

  • cheryl1249@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
      What does this highlighted area mean??

      Found on footnote.com,
      STEVE . B. march 11 1893 KIRAJ KELMEZ AUSTRIA HUNG ARY CZECHECO SLOVAK
      and says he arrived in USA 1905. Petition for Naturalization. wife Hellen
      b.
      Feb 22 1897 Duquesne, Pa. USA
      Children Hellen B. march 11 1917, Steve b. Aug 26 1919 and Margaret
      b.Sept 15 1922.
      all born in P.O. BOX 384 , DUQUESNE PA.

      **************Dell Summer Savings: Cool Deals on Popular Laptops – Shop
      Now!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222696924x1201468348/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D1)

    • bemimitwo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
        Hi,
        I don't know what highlight area you have in question?
        If you are asking about Footnote.com ? This is a pay for membership web
        site. not too bad a price to join.
        also has some free things too.

      • Janet Kozlay
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
          Whoopedo! According to this, his petition for naturalization says he was
          born in Kiralyhelmec (spelling a bit mangled in the transcription). This is
          the Hungarian name of the town of Kralovsky Chlmec, just north of the
          Hungarian border in eastern Slovakia.

          This is precisely the information you need to research the family.
          Microfilms of Roman Catholic (and Reformed) church records for this town are
          available for you to order and read at your nearest LDS Family History
          Center.

          Footnote.com does seem to have access to a lot of good stuff not available
          on Ancestry.com.

          The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you will
          be visiting.

          Janet

          _____

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
            You are going to have to send for his naturalization papers to find exact
            village and port of entry.
            Hope this helps,
            Marilyn

            How do I do this?
            Cheryl
            PS why would one place say born in Czech and other Hungary?

            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
              KIRAJ KELMEZ AUSTRIA HUNG ARY CZECHECO SLOVAK

              This is what I highlighted.

              I understand Austria is a birthplace what are the other words? Does anyone
              know?
              Cheryl

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                Cheryl,

                For some reason my response that I sent on the 2nd was never published, so
                here is a second attempt:

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                  The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you
                  will
                  be visiting.

                  Thank you anyway for this info. I appreciate it so much.
                  Cheryl
                  steps!
                  (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585087x1201462804/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
                  JulystepsfooterNO62)