Re: [S-R] HOw do I search when I am there?

  • cheryl1249@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
      There was another child Irene do you find her?
      Cheryl

      Children Helen, Steve Jr., Margaret and John E.

      **************Dell Summer Savings: Cool Deals on Popular Laptops – Shop
      Now!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222696924x1201468348/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D1)

    • cheryl1249@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
        What does this highlighted area mean??

        Found on footnote.com,
        STEVE . B. march 11 1893 KIRAJ KELMEZ AUSTRIA HUNG ARY CZECHECO SLOVAK
        and says he arrived in USA 1905. Petition for Naturalization. wife Hellen
        b.
        Feb 22 1897 Duquesne, Pa. USA
        Children Hellen B. march 11 1917, Steve b. Aug 26 1919 and Margaret
        b.Sept 15 1922.
        all born in P.O. BOX 384 , DUQUESNE PA.

      • bemimitwo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
          Hi,
          I don't know what highlight area you have in question?
          If you are asking about Footnote.com ? This is a pay for membership web
          site. not too bad a price to join.
          also has some free things too.

        • Janet Kozlay
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
            Whoopedo! According to this, his petition for naturalization says he was
            born in Kiralyhelmec (spelling a bit mangled in the transcription). This is
            the Hungarian name of the town of Kralovsky Chlmec, just north of the
            Hungarian border in eastern Slovakia.

            This is precisely the information you need to research the family.
            Microfilms of Roman Catholic (and Reformed) church records for this town are
            available for you to order and read at your nearest LDS Family History
            Center.

            Footnote.com does seem to have access to a lot of good stuff not available
            on Ancestry.com.

            The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you will
            be visiting.

            Janet

            _____

            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
              You are going to have to send for his naturalization papers to find exact
              village and port of entry.
              Hope this helps,
              Marilyn

              How do I do this?
              Cheryl
              PS why would one place say born in Czech and other Hungary?

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                KIRAJ KELMEZ AUSTRIA HUNG ARY CZECHECO SLOVAK

                This is what I highlighted.

                I understand Austria is a birthplace what are the other words? Does anyone
                know?
                Cheryl

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                  Cheryl,

                  For some reason my response that I sent on the 2nd was never published, so
                  here is a second attempt:

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                    The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you
                    will
                    be visiting.

                    Thank you anyway for this info. I appreciate it so much.
                    Cheryl
                    steps!
                    (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585087x1201462804/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
                    JulystepsfooterNO62)