Re: [S-R] HOw do I search when I am there?

  • cheryl1249@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2 10:10 AM
      There was another child Irene do you find her?
      Cheryl

      Children Helen, Steve Jr., Margaret and John E.

      **************Dell Summer Savings: Cool Deals on Popular Laptops – Shop
      Now!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222696924x1201468348/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D1)

    • cheryl1249@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2 10:10 AM
        OK, let me try some other searches -- another question -- where did these
        relatives live in the USA? Where are they buried? What religion did they
        practice -- if you know.

        They lived in Duquesne,
        Alleganey county PA

        They are both buried in Duquesne

        They were catholic.

        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2 10:28 AM
          What does this highlighted area mean??

          Found on footnote.com,
          STEVE . B. march 11 1893 KIRAJ KELMEZ AUSTRIA HUNG ARY CZECHECO SLOVAK
          and says he arrived in USA 1905. Petition for Naturalization. wife Hellen
          b.
          Feb 22 1897 Duquesne, Pa. USA
          Children Hellen B. march 11 1917, Steve b. Aug 26 1919 and Margaret
          b.Sept 15 1922.
          all born in P.O. BOX 384 , DUQUESNE PA.

        • bemimitwo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 2 11:05 AM
            Hi,
            I don't know what highlight area you have in question?
            If you are asking about Footnote.com ? This is a pay for membership web
            site. not too bad a price to join.
            also has some free things too.

          • Janet Kozlay
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 2 2:44 PM
              Whoopedo! According to this, his petition for naturalization says he was
              born in Kiralyhelmec (spelling a bit mangled in the transcription). This is
              the Hungarian name of the town of Kralovsky Chlmec, just north of the
              Hungarian border in eastern Slovakia.

              This is precisely the information you need to research the family.
              Microfilms of Roman Catholic (and Reformed) church records for this town are
              available for you to order and read at your nearest LDS Family History
              Center.

              Footnote.com does seem to have access to a lot of good stuff not available
              on Ancestry.com.

              The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you will
              be visiting.

              Janet

              _____

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 2 3:42 PM
                You are going to have to send for his naturalization papers to find exact
                village and port of entry.
                Hope this helps,
                Marilyn

                How do I do this?
                Cheryl
                PS why would one place say born in Czech and other Hungary?

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 2 3:44 PM
                  KIRAJ KELMEZ AUSTRIA HUNG ARY CZECHECO SLOVAK

                  This is what I highlighted.

                  I understand Austria is a birthplace what are the other words? Does anyone
                  know?
                  Cheryl

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 3 4:02 AM
                    Cheryl,

                    For some reason my response that I sent on the 2nd was never published, so
                    here is a second attempt:

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 3 1:53 PM
                      The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you
                      will
                      be visiting.

                      Thank you anyway for this info. I appreciate it so much.
                      Cheryl
                      steps!
                      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585087x1201462804/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
                      JulystepsfooterNO62)