Re: [S-R] HOw do I search when I am there?

  • bemimitwo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
      Also on natururalization paper states wittness John Galata and John Bibza ?
      It looks like sworn 1924
      good luck!
      Jennifer

    • cheryl1249@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
        There was another child Irene do you find her?
        Cheryl

        Children Helen, Steve Jr., Margaret and John E.

        **************Dell Summer Savings: Cool Deals on Popular Laptops – Shop
        Now!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222696924x1201468348/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D1)

      • cheryl1249@aol.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
          OK, let me try some other searches -- another question -- where did these
          relatives live in the USA? Where are they buried? What religion did they
          practice -- if you know.

          They lived in Duquesne,
          Alleganey county PA

          They are both buried in Duquesne

          They were catholic.

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
            What does this highlighted area mean??

            Found on footnote.com,
            STEVE . B. march 11 1893 KIRAJ KELMEZ AUSTRIA HUNG ARY CZECHECO SLOVAK
            and says he arrived in USA 1905. Petition for Naturalization. wife Hellen
            b.
            Feb 22 1897 Duquesne, Pa. USA
            Children Hellen B. march 11 1917, Steve b. Aug 26 1919 and Margaret
            b.Sept 15 1922.
            all born in P.O. BOX 384 , DUQUESNE PA.

            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
              Hi,
              I don't know what highlight area you have in question?
              If you are asking about Footnote.com ? This is a pay for membership web
              site. not too bad a price to join.
              also has some free things too.

            • Janet Kozlay
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                Whoopedo! According to this, his petition for naturalization says he was
                born in Kiralyhelmec (spelling a bit mangled in the transcription). This is
                the Hungarian name of the town of Kralovsky Chlmec, just north of the
                Hungarian border in eastern Slovakia.

                This is precisely the information you need to research the family.
                Microfilms of Roman Catholic (and Reformed) church records for this town are
                available for you to order and read at your nearest LDS Family History
                Center.

                Footnote.com does seem to have access to a lot of good stuff not available
                on Ancestry.com.

                The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you will
                be visiting.

                Janet

                _____

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                  You are going to have to send for his naturalization papers to find exact
                  village and port of entry.
                  Hope this helps,
                  Marilyn

                  How do I do this?
                  Cheryl
                  PS why would one place say born in Czech and other Hungary?

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                    KIRAJ KELMEZ AUSTRIA HUNG ARY CZECHECO SLOVAK

                    This is what I highlighted.

                    I understand Austria is a birthplace what are the other words? Does anyone
                    know?
                    Cheryl

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                      Cheryl,

                      For some reason my response that I sent on the 2nd was never published, so
                      here is a second attempt:

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 3, 2009
                        The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you
                        will
                        be visiting.

                        Thank you anyway for this info. I appreciate it so much.
                        Cheryl
                        steps!
                        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585087x1201462804/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
                        JulystepsfooterNO62)