I am new

  • cheryl1249@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2009
      Hello, I hope I do not dissappoint you but I have very little info to go
      on. My aunts would not give me the info and my father has basically his
      parents first & last name and birth & death yr.
      Father is Hungarian & mother is Czech.

      When I was a younger adult he told me they were born in those countries and
      now he is getting dementia he is saying they were born in the states.

      Once when I was able to look at the SS death records I saw they were born
      in those countries but although I wrote down the info I have lost it. Due to
      much tourmoil in my list this always got up on a back burner.

      I am going to Hungary & Czech in 2 weeks (the 14th) and wanted to see what
      I could find out. This trip was quickly planned and is with a company so
      free time will be limited. I know nothing about how to begin. I do know my
      grandmothers maiden name Galata and I know the original spelling of my
      grandfathers name Morgita now Margita. I guess the o accidentially was seen as
      an a.

      Family always meant alot to me. I can trace my mothers family back to Betsy
      Ross and others. My fathers parents died when he was young. His mother
      died when he was about 15 his father 2 yrs earlier. I have no paperwork at all
      and what he has told me then and now has changed so I do not know many
      facts.

      Cheryl

      **************Dell Summer Savings: Cool Deals on Popular Laptops – Shop
      Now!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222696924x1201468348/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D1)

    • Elaine Summerhill
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2009
        No...  no disappointment, except perhaps with your Aunts for not sharing your family info with you.  I cannot imagine what that is like!  I'm sorry for you.  I will speak with my cousin and see if she knows of an Anna Ihnat as a sister of her great-grandfather, Michael.  The Ihnats in MD & PA are pretty open about their relations.  If I find anything, I'll let you know.  OK?

        Elaine

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2009
          The whole family was/is weird to include my father. I tried to get them to
          tell me what they knew but either they knew nothing or nothing they would
          share. My father was never close to his siblings after he grew up.
          He told me his brother forced him to quit school to help support the kids
          when their parents died.
          Cheryl

          No... no disappointment, except perhaps with your Aunts for not sharing
          your family info with you.

          **************Dell Summer Savings: Cool Deals on Popular Laptops – Shop
          Now!
          (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222696924x1201468348/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D1)

        • Marilyn Hertenstein
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2009
            In what city or state did these people live? Have you tried looking for the US Census information?

            Marilyn

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2009

              LOL, ok, I have a fun/schemey plan -- give us the information you have on the aunts that wouldn't provide any info -- then we can find them and go from there.

              Sometimes I need a good spankin, but hey, this time it just might be fun and worth something.

              Caye

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2, 2009
                  Aunts are:
                  Irene married Bill/ William Bryer
                  They lived at 475 Dennison Dr. West Mifflin, PA 15122
                  Irene & Bill are divorced they had 2 sons

                  Margaret married John Rack.
                  They lived at 13211 Sylvain Dr Huntington, PA 15642

                  Helen died about 24yo

                  Steve Margita (my Uncle) 8/26/19 to 10/24/88
                  lived in PA