Re: [S-R] New Member Introduction//Initial Questions

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
      Elliot,
      For Jaslovske Bohunice you have a unique situation where three villages were incorporated into one in 1960 - Bohunice, Jaslovce and Paderovce. Below you will see what those individual places were called during its history. This will be helpful when looking for Jozef Mokos records.
      Here is the website for Jaslovske Bohunice - http://web.jaslovskebohunice.sk/ It is all in Slovak. But can be fun to explore. On the left the second heading down is Obsah portalu and the second selection is Fotogaleria / Photo gallery. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaslovsk%C3%A9_Bohunice - Wikipedia on it.
      Jaslovské Bohunice TT/TA bratisl. 1960 zlúc. o. Bohunice a Jaslovce; 1975-1990 pricl. o. Radosovce (k nim 1974 pricl. o. Paderovce).
      1960- Jaslovské Bohunice
      Bohunice: 1773 Bohunicz, Bohunitz, 1786 Bohunicz, 1808 Bohunicz, Bohunice, 1863-1907 Bohunic, 1913 Apátszentmihály, 1920-1960 Bohunice
      Jaslovce: 1773 Jaszlocz, Jadlowetz [!], Jaslowcze, 1786 Jaszlócz, 1808 Jaszlócz, Jasslowitz, Jaslowce, 1863-1907 Jászlóc, 1913 Jászló, 1920 Jaslovce, 1927-1946 Jáslovce, 1946-1960 Jaslovce
      Paderovce: 1773 Pagyerocz, Pagerotz, Pagerowcze, 1786 Pagyerocz, 1808 Pagyerócz, Pagirowitz, 1863-1907 Pagyeróc, 1913 Pagyár, 1920-1973 Paderovce

      The surname Mokos has four spellings in Slovakia. One with no dialect marks and three with dialect marks. The most common is Mokos with a "v" dialect mark over the "s". The 1995 Slovak census found 480 of them living in 132 different places. The no dialect mark spelling had 26 people in 14 places. The other two versions had a total of 37 people in 12 places.

      I will send information on Drahovce and surname, Orisek in another e-mail.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
        Elliott,
        Just to let you know that I have been researching in the general area of Piestany for about four years. The Family History Library in Salt Lake City is a real treasure. If you have a Family History Center near you you can order the microfilm sent there and then check it out. If I can be of any help let me know. The names I have been looking for are Kovacsik and Danko. A member of Slovak Roots found two of my aunts in a village she had been studying that I didn't even know might be a source. They are most helpful and I would be so happy to be able to pay forward for all the help I have received. I have attached a map of your locations and mine. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.
        Joanne
        PS I don't know if I can attach anything so I'll put the map in Photos in the album named Oszuska.