Re: [S-R] Mihal, Mehal, Mehall

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2009
      Jozef,
      Welcome to Slovak-Roots. We always are in need of Slovak speakers.
      In the late 1800's Hungary had Saros County, but not Spis region. That area was in Szepes County.
      Melissa mentions a "Spiska, Hun" in her e-mail. I took a look at the 1910 Szepes County mapy. There is a town on it - Spiska.
      Looking at a modern road atlas of Slovakia and the 1910 map it appears that Spiska would now be within the Vojensky obvod Javorina military reservation. Which means it no longer exists.