Re: [S-R] Mckeesport/Allegheny County Genealogy

  • Dennis and Donna
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 26, 2009
      Well Sam, I do not know how I passed this post up. I do have a habit of
      going back and reading them again just in case I missed something.(As
      usual I did)

      Besides the Tokar Surname from Jastrabie nad Toplou I am also
      researching The Pilat and Csorej/Corej/Csorey/Chorey Family of
      Remeniny.

      The Tokar Family is from the "Other Branch of the Tree" and I am helping
      a Cousin of mine in Kosice.

      I will paste part of a letter and if you have any photos that may fit
      sure you can send them to me at ddhalusker@...'
      <mailto:ddhalusker@...'>

      Thanks so much for the offer and sorry I missed your reply to mine.

      Dennis

      Is many Corej family here in Slovakia and obroad too, and I think that
      we
      are all family sometow. My greygrandma Mary Corej (daughter of Peter
      Corej
      and Mary Pilat) died in 1951. Her graves is in Jastrabie over Topla. She
      was
      91 when she died. She has 10 children, but 4 of them died very young.
      Her
      second son Michael was born 19.8.1883 went to USA in 1900, where she got
      married and had 3 children. He lived in Mckeesport, PA. Her other
      children
      lived here in Slovakia. My grandad was 7th child and his name was Jozef
      TOKAR. He was born 4.1.1896 and died 29.10.1971.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Samuel Ontko" <smontko@...> wrote:

      > I have Michal Tokar born 1828. Daughter Maria born 1854 married Michal
      Veliki.