RE: [S-R] Mckeesport/Allegheny County Genealogy

  • Dr. Joe Q
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 25, 2009
      Just to help some of you with the local pronunciation of McKeesport:

      ma (as in mad) key sport

      The accent is even on all syllables.

      Accept it or not, it's Pittsburghese:

      http://www.pittsburghese.com/

      I hope you make contact with your relatives.

      Dr. "Q"

      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 26, 2009
        Well Sam, I do not know how I passed this post up. I do have a habit of
        going back and reading them again just in case I missed something.(As
        usual I did)

        Besides the Tokar Surname from Jastrabie nad Toplou I am also
        researching The Pilat and Csorej/Corej/Csorey/Chorey Family of
        Remeniny.

        The Tokar Family is from the "Other Branch of the Tree" and I am helping
        a Cousin of mine in Kosice.

        I will paste part of a letter and if you have any photos that may fit
        sure you can send them to me at ddhalusker@...'
        <mailto:ddhalusker@...'>

        Thanks so much for the offer and sorry I missed your reply to mine.

        Dennis

        Is many Corej family here in Slovakia and obroad too, and I think that
        we
        are all family sometow. My greygrandma Mary Corej (daughter of Peter
        Corej
        and Mary Pilat) died in 1951. Her graves is in Jastrabie over Topla. She
        was
        91 when she died. She has 10 children, but 4 of them died very young.
        Her
        second son Michael was born 19.8.1883 went to USA in 1900, where she got
        married and had 3 children. He lived in Mckeesport, PA. Her other
        children
        lived here in Slovakia. My grandad was 7th child and his name was Jozef
        TOKAR. He was born 4.1.1896 and died 29.10.1971.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Samuel Ontko" <smontko@...> wrote:

        > I have Michal Tokar born 1828. Daughter Maria born 1854 married Michal
        Veliki.