Mckeesport/Allegheny County Genealogy

  • Dennis and Donna
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
      I am so frustrated with Pennsylvania and in particular the states
      requirements in obtaining any records for genealogy research.

      Not only do you need to show relationship (which you are trying to
      establish) you also need to provide the dates in which you are seeking!

      Any insight into this from the group would be great!

      Thanks,Dennis
    • Milan Olle
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
        My great uncle George (I think it was actually Juri) Latta left Pcoline for Pennsylvania in the late 1800's. Any relation?

        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
          Not likely....

          I am trying to find the daughter of Michael Tokar. Her name
          was Mary (Naturally)

          She was born Oct.15,1909 in Mckeesport. She is last listed in the 1920
          census. No body knows if she married.

          Her father was Michael bornSept.19 1884 in Tot-Jesztreb /Jastrabie nad
          Toplou today.

          I found her brother John born Jul 30 1911 and his wife Anita. They lived
          in North Versailles.

          I also found her sister Hellen born Mar 18 1919. She married Stephen
          Matik and lived also in North Versailles.

          The last listing for any of them is in the 1946 Mckeesport Directory.

          I have tried a few area churches with no luck........

          Any help would be appreciated.

          Thanks,

          Dennis

          -- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Milan Olle <coolkeytool@...> wrote:

          > My great uncle George (I think it was actually Juri) Latta left
          Pcoline for Pennsylvania in the late 1800's. Any relation?

        • Carole Jean Smith
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
            Hi Dennis..

            Our family settled in Mc Keesport after arriving from Austria Hungary.

            You might find this site interesting:
            http://www.library.pitt.edu/labor_legacy/SpecialTopicsII.html

            There is a database that lists the workers for National Tube:
            Your relative is listed:

            Tokar, Michael 29339 Czechoslovakia WM waste washer
            Tokar, Walter Edward 31250 Poland WM larry man

            As is my Grandfather:
            Somehow something got lost in translation:
            Andrew LAURA/LAVRA became Andy Larry

            The following are also related to our family;

            Lajun, Andrew 1043 Braddock WM larry man
            Lajun, Andrew Jr. 11366 McKeesport WM labor
            Lajun, George 29533 Port Vue WM labor

            I'll keep a eye out for any mention of your family..
            Something might be found in the most unlikely of places..

            Don't give up...HOPE!

            Carole Jean
          • Dennis and Donna
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
              Thanks Carole,

              I have tried to contact the University of Pitt to obtain that
              record.....any help with that?

              I end up on hold and eventually cut off.

              That picture on the ID badge would be great since I have no picture of
              the man.

              Dennis

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carole Jean Smith" <lncsmith@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi Dennis..
              >
              > Our family settled in Mc Keesport after arriving from Austria Hungary.
              >
              > You might find this site interesting:
              > http://www.library.pitt.edu/labor_legacy/SpecialTopicsII.html
              >
              > There is a database that lists the workers for National Tube:
              > Your relative is listed:
              >
              > Tokar, Michael 29339 Czechoslovakia WM waste washer
              > Tokar, Walter Edward 31250 Poland WM larry man
              >
              > As is my Grandfather:
              > Somehow something got lost in translation:
              > Andrew LAURA/LAVRA became Andy Larry
              >
              > The following are also related to our family;
              >
              > Lajun, Andrew 1043 Braddock WM larry man
              > Lajun, Andrew Jr. 11366 McKeesport WM labor
              > Lajun, George 29533 Port Vue WM labor
              >

              > I'll keep a eye out for any mention of your family..
              > Something might be found in the most unlikely of places..
              >
              > Don't give up...HOPE!
              >
              > Carole Jean

            • Carole Jean Smith
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
                Hi Dennis.. On the previous link to Nat'l Tube Mc Keesport, Michael
                Tokar is listed as receiving pension 1951. Found the following post..
                it may have been from someone in Slovakia.. if that is what" sk."
                means in e-mail address. I am researching the Michael TOKAR family.
                Michael b. 1883 Slovakia. His wife Mary was born Slovakia 1892. They
                had 3 children: Mary b. 1909, John b. 1911, Helen b. 1919. Old
                address (1949) 226 Dale St. McKeesport.
                ke@... <mailto:ke@...> (05/11/2006) Three Rivers
                Genealogy___http://www.15122.com/3Rivers/Families/T-ZFamilies.htm Take
                care, Carole Jean

              • Ron Matviyak
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
                  I read this as Pennsylvania having pretty good privacy laws. It may be bad for any of us doing research, but it does protect the privacy of the families involved.

                  The Europeans generally have better privacy protections than we do, so a good part of the work over there is difficult as well. In the US it seems quite common for us to not worry about our private information and assume the same standard for the rest of the world.

                  Ron

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis and Donna" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

                  > I am so frustrated with Pennsylvania and in particular the states
                  > requirements in obtaining any records for genealogy research.
                  >
                  > Not only do you need to show relationship (which you are trying to
                  > establish) you also need to provide the dates in which you are seeking!
                  >
                  > Any insight into this from the group would be great!
                  >
                  > Thanks,Dennis

                • Carole Jean Smith
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
                    Dennis

                    > I have tried to contact the University of Pitt to obtain that
                    > record.....any help with that?

                    From the website.. might be better to write to them.

                    Contact Information: Please direct any comments to:

                    Archives Service Center
                    <http://www.library.pitt.edu/libraries/archives/archives.html>
                    University of Pittsburgh
                    7500 Thomas Blvd., 2nd Floor
                    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260
                    412-244-7091
                    Fax: 412-244-7077
                    Email: archives-ref@... <mailto:archives-ref@...>
                    University Library System <http://www.library.pitt.edu/> , University of
                    Pittsburgh <http://www.pitt.edu/>

                    Carole Jean

                  • Carole Jean Smith
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
                      Dennis...

                      I forgot to list the following from the Nat'l Tube Info:

                      Matik, Cyril M 30209 McKeesport WM stock labor
                      Matik, John E S621 McKeesport WM asst stock foreman
                      Matik, Stephen 13024 Czechoslavakia WM bundler
                      Matik, Steven S 12186 McKeesport WM cutoff maintence oper

                      Carole Jean
                    • Carole Jean Smith
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
                        Dennis..

                        There is a person looking for the family Michael Tokar

                        There are messages posted on the Gen forum Message Board.

                        Message URL: http://genforum.genealogy.com/slovak/messages/7217.html
                        Slovak Genealogy Forum
                        http://genforum.genealogy.com/slovak/
                        <http://genforum.genealogy.com/slovak/>

                        The same person has posted as message here:
                        bozena <mailto:gnb@...> (Slovensko), Streda, 16.4.2008, 15:19
                        Prosím o pomoc pri pátraní po mojich
                        príbuzných, ktorých už hľadám roky.
                        Posledná adresa z r.1949 je Michael Tokar, 226 Dale st, McKeesport.
                        Michael sa narodil na Slovensku - Tapolybanya (teraz Jastrabie n/T) a
                        odišiel za prácou v r.1900. Mal 3 deti: John, Mary a Helen. Po
                        smrti Michala sa kontakty prerušili. O jeho deťoch vieme
                        akurát, že syn John bol ženatý, ale nemal deti. Zrejme
                        Michal z McKeesportu sa odsťahoval, no nevieme, kde dožil a kde
                        je pochovaný.
                        V Pensylvanii, kde žil bolo veľa emigrantov z dediny, snáď
                        by niekto počul z rozprávania svojich rodičov o tejto
                        rodine. Ďakujem za pomoc.

                        Božena REAGUJ NA TÉMU »
                        <http://komunita.exil.sk/viewtopic.php?t=325&start=15&sid=9af03bb2f3f927\
                        26b6900edee20792c4#reply> Príbuzné témy: Unfortunately, I
                        can't translate, but someone on the list might offer the translation
                        for you. Carole Jean

                      • Michele Baker
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
                          Dennis,

                          Do you have information for siblings of Michael TOKAR? I have George and
                          Mary (Urista) TOKAR and their descendents in my line. I have no village of
                          birth for George. Mary was b.1870 in Redetivka, Saris/ Regetovka today.

                          I visited Jastrabie nad Taplou in 2005 and have pictures if you are
                          interested. I recall seeing TOKAR name in village cemetery and may have
                          taken picture of headstone(s).

                          Michele

                          _____

                          -- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com,
                          Milan Olle <coolkeytool@...> wrote:

                          > My great uncle George (I think it was actually Juri) Latta left
                          Pcoline for Pennsylvania in the late 1800's. Any relation?

                        • carole smith
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
                            Dear Members.. and Dennis ,

                            Sorry about the way the last message came through

                            I'm going to try once again.

                            Dennis,
                            The Heritage Center is very helpful.
                            The following is the link to their research page.

                            McKeesport Heritage Center
                            http://www.mckeesportheritage.org/research

                            They may have obits for the following.

                            Stephan MATIK
                            Birth Date:25 Apr 1891
                            Death Date:Dec 1977
                            Social Security Number: 194-05-3868
                            State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Pennsylvania

                            Death Residence Localities
                            ZIP Code:15132
                            Localities: Mc Keesport, Allegheny, Pennsylvania

                            Stephen MATIK
                            Birth Date:22 Jan 1914
                            Death Date:Apr 1982
                            Social Security Number: 172-07-3749
                            State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Pennsylvania

                            Death Residence Localities
                            ZIP Code:15132
                            Localities: Mc Keesport, Allegheny, Pennsylvania

                            Possible that her death information posted in the
                            Daily News

                            Helen MATIK
                            Birth Date:8 Mar 1919
                            Death Date:22 Nov 1995
                            Social Security Number: 189-10-7368
                            State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Pennsylvania

                            Death Residence Localities
                            ZIP Code:08251
                            Localities: Del Haven, Cape May, New Jersey
                            Miami Beach, Cape May, New Jersey
                            Villas, Cape May, New Jersey

                            John TOKAR
                            Birth Date:31 Jul 1910
                            Death Date:Apr 1987
                            Social Security Number: 211-09-0019
                            State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Pennsylvania

                            Death Residence Localities
                            ZIP Code:15137
                            Localities: N Versailles, Allegheny, Pennsylvania
                            North Versailles, Allegheny, Pennsylvania

                            The Daily News online only goes back to 2000.
                            They just list the deaths and you need to send for the full obit

                            How to reach us
                            Phone us at 412-664-9161
                            e-mail us at mcknews@...
                            Write us at:
                            The Daily News
                            409 Walnut St.
                            McKeesport, PA 15132

                            Anita TOKAR
                            Birth Date:7 Mar 1914
                            Death Date:22 Dec 2002
                            Social Security Number: 174-18-6542
                            State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Pennsylvania

                            Death Residence Localities
                            ZIP Code:15137
                            Localities: N Versailles, Allegheny, Pennsylvania
                            North Versailles, Allegheny, Pennsylvania

                            ANITA TOKAR - Anita M. Tokar, 88, of North Versailles Twp.,
                            died Dec. 22 2002

                            Carole Jean

                          • Samuel Ontko
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
                              I have Michal Tokar born 1828. Daughter Maria born 1854 married Michal Veliki.

                              I do have the microfilm on loan and some of the surrounding villages too.

                              Sam Ontko
                              Sotak family of Jastrabie nad Toplou

                              I am trying to find the daughter of Michael Tokar. Her name
                              was Mary (Naturally)

                              She was born Oct.15,1909 in Mckeesport. She is last listed in the 1920
                              census. No body knows if she married.

                              Her father was Michael bornSept.19 1884 in Tot-Jesztreb /Jastrabie nad
                              Toplou today.

                              I found her brother John born Jul 30 1911 and his wife Anita. They lived
                              in North Versailles.

                              I also found her sister Hellen born Mar 18 1919. She married Stephen
                              Matik and lived also in North Versailles.

                              The last listing for any of them is in the 1946 Mckeesport Directory.

                              I have tried a few area churches with no luck........

                              Any help would be appreciated.

                              Thanks,

                              Dennis

                              -- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com,
                              Milan Olle <coolkeytool@...> wrote:

                              > My great uncle George (I think it was actually Juri) Latta left
                              Pcoline for Pennsylvania in the late 1800's. Any relation?

                            • Michele Baker
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
                                Sam,

                                Will you check microfilm to see if there's anything for Michael
                                Szopcsak/Sopcak/Sopchak, b. bet. 1824 - 1827, d. Jan 1880; first wife Maria
                                Gajdos, b. abt 1826, d. July, 1861. Children of first marriage: Janos, b.
                                1851, m. Maria Ritoch; Josephus, b. Mar 1859.

                                Michael married second wife, Anna Michal, Aug. 1861 in Jastrabie. Anna
                                b.1838 - 1843, village of Bystre, d.Aug 1878. Children of second marriage:
                                Anna, b. Sept 1862, George/ Juraj Sopcak (on baptismal certificate), Maria,
                                b. Sept 1869, Jastrabie nad Toplou, d. July 1883, Helena, b. Aug 1872, d.
                                Oct 1872, Elizabeth, b. Nov 1872, d. Oct 1878.

                                When I visited Jastrabie, I found no information that the family had lived
                                in this village, which leads me to believe they may lived there just a short
                                while.

                                Any help would be appreciated.

                                Thank you,

                                Michele

                                _____

                                From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
                                yahoogroups.com] On
                                Behalf Of Dennis and Donna
                                Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:50 AM
                                To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

                                Not likely....

                                I am trying to find the daughter of Michael Tokar. Her name
                                was Mary (Naturally)

                                She was born Oct.15,1909 in Mckeesport. She is last listed in the 1920
                                census. No body knows if she married.

                                Her father was Michael bornSept.19 1884 in Tot-Jesztreb /Jastrabie nad
                                Toplou today.

                                I found her brother John born Jul 30 1911 and his wife Anita. They lived
                                in North Versailles.

                                I also found her sister Hellen born Mar 18 1919. She married Stephen
                                Matik and lived also in North Versailles.

                                The last listing for any of them is in the 1946 Mckeesport Directory.

                                I have tried a few area churches with no luck........

                                Any help would be appreciated.

                                Thanks,

                                Dennis

                                -- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com,
                                Milan Olle <coolkeytool@...> wrote:

                                > My great uncle George (I think it was actually Juri) Latta left
                                Pcoline for Pennsylvania in the late 1800's. Any relation?

                              • Michele Baker
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 23, 2009
                                  Sam,

                                  Sorry, I forgot to include b. date for George/Juraj Sopchak. I have b. abt.
                                  12 Feb 1865, Jastrabie nad Toplou.

                                  Michele

                                  _____

                                  From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
                                  yahoogroups.com] On
                                  Behalf Of Dennis and Donna
                                  Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:50 AM
                                  To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

                                  Not likely....

                                  I am trying to find the daughter of Michael Tokar. Her name
                                  was Mary (Naturally)

                                  She was born Oct.15,1909 in Mckeesport. She is last listed in the 1920
                                  census. No body knows if she married.

                                  Her father was Michael bornSept.19 1884 in Tot-Jesztreb /Jastrabie nad
                                  Toplou today.

                                  I found her brother John born Jul 30 1911 and his wife Anita. They lived
                                  in North Versailles.

                                  I also found her sister Hellen born Mar 18 1919. She married Stephen
                                  Matik and lived also in North Versailles.

                                  The last listing for any of them is in the 1946 Mckeesport Directory.

                                  I have tried a few area churches with no luck........

                                  Any help would be appreciated.

                                  Thanks,

                                  Dennis

                                  -- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com,
                                  Milan Olle <coolkeytool@...> wrote:

                                  > My great uncle George (I think it was actually Juri) Latta left
                                  Pcoline for Pennsylvania in the late 1800's. Any relation?

                                • ginapa222
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jun 24, 2009
                                    Hi Dennis,

                                    This won't help you right now, but I thought I'd let you and others know that there is currently a grassroots effort being conducted, asking PA to make certain birth records (those over 100 years old), and death records (over 50 years old), available online. You can either print one of the sample letters to snail mail or email one of the letters to the Governor's Office, as well as to your legislators (there is a link there that provides the names and addresses). You can check it out here: http://users.rcn.com/timarg/PaHR-Access.htm .

                                    I can certainly sympathize with you as I've also tried to get information about my grandparents that is available in many other states.

                                    Good luck,
                                    Gina

                                    --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis and Donna" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

                                    > I am so frustrated with Pennsylvania and in particular the states
                                    > requirements in obtaining any records for genealogy research.
                                    >
                                    > Not only do you need to show relationship (which you are trying to
                                    > establish) you also need to provide the dates in which you are seeking!
                                    >
                                    > Any insight into this from the group would be great!
                                    >
                                    > Thanks,Dennis

                                  • Dennis and Donna
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jun 24, 2009
                                      Thanks Carole and to everyone with interest.

                                      Yes as you surf around you will see my Cousin Bozena searching as well.
                                      She lives in Kosice .

                                      I am sure you will see me too.

                                      Michael is her Grandfather's brother. I must say that I have exhausted
                                      everything I can think of on-line.

                                      I would hate to have anyone following my tracks.......

                                      It is time to do some foot work but PA.has tough privacy laws for some
                                      one that will be 125 years old in September!

                                      I will try to write the Uof Pitt.I want that picture on his ID Badge.

                                      \
                                      > 26b6900edee20792c4#reply> Príbuzné témy: Unfortunately, I
                                      > can't translate, but someone on the list might offer the translation
                                      > for you. Carole Jean

                                    • Samuel Ontko
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jun 24, 2009
                                        Michele

                                        I found everything that you listed to be correct. In fact it looks like you have all the information that can be gleaned from the few records that are available from the Hlinne parish. I commend you.

                                        Some interesting notes to myself and maybe of interest to you.

                                        No death record found for Maria Gajdos.

                                        This family was listed in house 39. An important fact to remember and interesting that they were neighbors to all the people I am researching in houses 36,37, and 38. This seemed to change in 1883 to house 54.

                                        Records start at 1853 and you must go to the Hungarian archives to see the other copy of the Hlinne parish records which go back a little bit farther. I am unaware if these exist on microfilm. A researcher from Kosice is aware of these records and has done research there for me.

                                        Anna Szopcsak age 19 married Joannes Vavrek (sp?) age 27 of Sokut/Sol. Anna was from house 39 and is a potential relative.

                                        Joannes Szopcsak and Maira Petrov had a child Joannes on 25 Jul 1874. A possible match but they were not married? She was Roman Catholic, important to note. She could be found the the Roman Catholic records or even a marriage in those records.

                                        It seems to be a very small family and they seem to vanish into the air.

                                        I guess you already have the 1869 census record for house 39 in Jastrabie nad Toplou.
                                        Mihaly 1816
                                        Handula 1840 Bisztra
                                        Janos 1852
                                        Josef 1859
                                        Handula 1862
                                        Gyorgy 1866
                                        Maria 1869

                                        I guess I have nothing new to offer.

                                        Sam Ontko

                                        From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
                                        yahoogroups.com] On
                                        Behalf Of Dennis and Donna
                                        Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:50 AM
                                        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

                                        Not likely....

                                        I am trying to find the daughter of Michael Tokar. Her name
                                        was Mary (Naturally)

                                        She was born Oct.15,1909 in Mckeesport. She is last listed in the 1920
                                        census. No body knows if she married.

                                        Her father was Michael bornSept.19 1884 in Tot-Jesztreb /Jastrabie nad
                                        Toplou today.

                                        I found her brother John born Jul 30 1911 and his wife Anita. They lived
                                        in North Versailles.

                                        I also found her sister Hellen born Mar 18 1919. She married Stephen
                                        Matik and lived also in North Versailles.

                                        The last listing for any of them is in the 1946 Mckeesport Directory.

                                        I have tried a few area churches with no luck........

                                        Any help would be appreciated.

                                        Thanks,

                                        Dennis

                                        -- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com,
                                        Milan Olle <coolkeytool@...> wrote:

                                        > My great uncle George (I think it was actually Juri) Latta left
                                        Pcoline for Pennsylvania in the late 1800's. Any relation?

                                      • Michele Baker
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jun 25, 2009
                                          Sam,

                                          Definitely not the case - the information you provided will be a great help
                                          to me. Thank you for checking microfilm for this family. I do have a lot
                                          of information as I have also used a researcher in Kosice but there are some
                                          discrepancies and missing information in what I have. The information you
                                          provided fills in some gaps and gives me new directions to pursue.

                                          For some reason, I have no house number(s) for this family. I may not have
                                          the 1869 census record. Will have to pull my paper files. I may have
                                          missed some posts, what names in neighboring houses are you researching?
                                          Where did you find record for the family in 1883 at house 54?

                                          Do you have date of marriage for Anna Szopcsak and Joannes Varek (sp?)?

                                          Also information provided on Joannes Szopcsak and Maria Petrov and child is
                                          of great interest. The details you have added may solve a family mystery.
                                          I have a prayer card for a "Mrs. Mary Sopchak" that has puzzled family for
                                          some time. No death record has been found for this individual, nor her
                                          connection to family. There is some thought Sopchak relatives may have
                                          lived in areas of New Jersey or New York. I suspect George's step-brothers
                                          may have immigrated but nothing confirmed. This gives me new leads to check
                                          out.

                                          Thank you for your help.

                                          Michele

                                          _____

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jun 25, 2009
                                            Just to help some of you with the local pronunciation of McKeesport:

                                            ma (as in mad) key sport

                                            The accent is even on all syllables.

                                            Accept it or not, it's Pittsburghese:

                                            http://www.pittsburghese.com/

                                            I hope you make contact with your relatives.

                                            Dr. "Q"

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Jun 26, 2009
                                              Well Sam, I do not know how I passed this post up. I do have a habit of
                                              going back and reading them again just in case I missed something.(As
                                              usual I did)

                                              Besides the Tokar Surname from Jastrabie nad Toplou I am also
                                              researching The Pilat and Csorej/Corej/Csorey/Chorey Family of
                                              Remeniny.

                                              The Tokar Family is from the "Other Branch of the Tree" and I am helping
                                              a Cousin of mine in Kosice.

                                              I will paste part of a letter and if you have any photos that may fit
                                              sure you can send them to me at ddhalusker@...'
                                              <mailto:ddhalusker@...'>

                                              Thanks so much for the offer and sorry I missed your reply to mine.

                                              Dennis

                                              Is many Corej family here in Slovakia and obroad too, and I think that
                                              we
                                              are all family sometow. My greygrandma Mary Corej (daughter of Peter
                                              Corej
                                              and Mary Pilat) died in 1951. Her graves is in Jastrabie over Topla. She
                                              was
                                              91 when she died. She has 10 children, but 4 of them died very young.
                                              Her
                                              second son Michael was born 19.8.1883 went to USA in 1900, where she got
                                              married and had 3 children. He lived in Mckeesport, PA. Her other
                                              children
                                              lived here in Slovakia. My grandad was 7th child and his name was Jozef
                                              TOKAR. He was born 4.1.1896 and died 29.10.1971.