Obituary translation

  • Mark Carter
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2000
      Hello everyone,

      Is there anyone who can translate the following obituary taken from the July 27, 1949 Denni Hlasatel? I have dropped all the accent marks because I'm not sure how to reproduce them here. The photocopy I have has some black spots on it so I'm not even sure where the periods are and I may have mistaken a spot for a period or visa versa. If anyone wants to see an actual scanned image of the obituary I'll be happy to scan it for them and either Email it or post it on a web page where it can be viewed. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps. Here is the obit;

      Oznameni umrti
      Rose Triska
      Rozena Martinec, obydli: 6045 N. Claremont Ave.,
      zemrea v nedeli dne 24 cervence 1949, v 5:00 hod odpol. Narozena byla v Ostomeri v Ceskoslovensku a v teto zemi zila 37 roku . Pohreb drahe zesnule konati se bude ve stredu, dne 27 cervence 1949, ve 2 hod. odpol., z kaple pohrebniho ustavu Barron, 4332 Elston Ave., na Cesky Narodni hrbitov. Zanechava zde:

      James Triska, (zesnuly) manzel; James Jr., Irwin, George a Dorothy St. onge, ditky; 3 vnoucata; James Martinec, bratr a ostatni pratele.

      Dalsi informace sdeli pohrebni ustav Barron, telefon Keystone 9-6100.

    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2000
        At 07:29 AM 9/1/00 -0700, you wrote:

        >Hello everyone,
        >
        > Is there anyone who can translate the following obituary taken from
        > the July 27, 1949 Denni Hlasatel? I have dropped all the accent marks
        > because I'm not sure how to reproduce them here. The photocopy I have
        > has some black spots on it so I'm not even sure where the periods are and
        > I may have mistaken a spot for a period or visa versa. If anyone wants
        > to see an actual scanned image of the obituary I'll be happy to scan it
        > for them and either Email it or post it on a web page where it can be
        > viewed. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps. Here is the obit;
        >

        > Oznameni umrti

        Obituary (announcement of death)

        > Rose Triska

        > Rozena Martinec, obydli: 6045 N. Claremont Ave.,
        (maiden name ?) lived at ...............

        > zemrea v nedeli dne 24 cervence 1949, v 5:00 hod odpol. Narozena
        > byla v Ostomeri v

        died on Sunday the 24th of July, 1949 at 5pm. She grew up in Ostomeri in
        Czechoslovakia

        >Ceskoslovensku a v teto zemi zila 37 roku . Pohreb drahe zesnule konati
        >se bude ve stredu, dne 27

        and lived in this country for 37 years. Funeral of the dear deceased to be
        held on Wednesday the 27th

        > cervence 1949, ve 2 hod. odpol., z kaple pohrebniho ustavu Barron, 4332
        > Elston Ave., na Cesky

        July 1949 at 3 pm., in the chapel of the funeral establishment
        Barron,................, on Czech

        >Narodni hrbitov. Zanechava zde:

        National cemetery. Survivors are: .

        > James Triska, (zesnuly) manzel; James Jr., Irwin, George a Dorothy
        > St. onge, ditky; 3 vnoucata;

        James Triska the deceased's husband, George and Dorothy [St. onge (?)].
        children; and 3 grandchildren

        >James Martinec, bratr a ostatni pratele.

        James Martinec, brother and last relative

        > Dalsi informace sdeli pohrebni ustav Barron, telefon Keystone 9-6100.

        Further information [(sdeli? advice?) may be obtained from] Barron's
        funeral home, telephone........
      • Joe Armata
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2000
          John's translation was great, just two small changes/additions: "ostatni
          pratele" means other friends, and "sdeli" means share/provide (the funeral
          home will provide more information).

          Joe Armata
          joe@...