40 YEARS AGO TODAY

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2009
      40 years ago today I sat on a bus and went through the border to Austria, knowing I will never ever be able to return. That was the choice I made, as I wanted to be free.
      Now Slovakia is FREE, there are no borders of iron curtain to cross and it is great and I am happy to be here on my anniversary, my 49th trip since 1987.

      Last week I did the Inauguration of the President of the Slovak Republic Mr. Ivan Gasparovic, and I also guided 10 Americans to their ancestral villages for four days and today I will go to see AMADEUS in the old building of the Slovak National Theater.
      Pictures will be soon at www.lindervideo.com

      Vladi

      Happy father's day to all.

    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2009
        Yesterday I went to a play by Toronto Slovak Theater to see HOT SUMMER. It was about 1968 and the happenings at the time and people emmigrating. Great play. It was so touching for me to see it on my anniversary. That was matinee and then I went to another theater in the evening to see AMADEUS another touching story.

        Log in to see the ancestral Home comming of Viktory family:
        http://www.lindervideo.com/VIKTORY/VIKTORY.htm

        Vladi

      • Vladimir Linder
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 21, 2009
          LUCNICA the best Slovak amateur folklore ensemble will be performing:

          July 2, Thursday in VYCHODNA

          July 4, Saturday in TERCHOVA

          July 9, Thursday in DETVA

          I will be at the performance in DETVA