more surnames from Slovak magazine

  • mabensh
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 21, 2009
      Have scanned another issue of Children's Friend Slovak magazine. This is the June 1974 issue. If you'd like me to email a page, let me know the page number and surname. For some new members, they might want to do a search of our archives as I've posted nearly 2 years worth of issues/surnames.

      p2 - Stofko, Egan, Klimchak
      p5 - Fialkovic, Kurak, Hodas, Franko, Galik, Dziak-Bohm, Garasic, Burican

      p6 - Shambora, Krajsa, Behuncik, Venit, Cernan
      p7 - Cernan, Istvanek, Seliga
      p9 - Dulik, Podkrivacky
      p10 - Bosak, Husek, Dulik
      p11 - Sciranka, Baydik, Maga, Janiek, Sajdak, Valach, Gasparovic, Dutko, Kacurak, Lucan, Szema, Svrchek, Hussar, Lacko, Pacuta, Kulka, Kovac, Cehelska

      p12 - Tanzone, Holodak, Goulad, Aldis
      p14 - Jones, Ribar, Bobusch
      p15 - Papin
    • Bratgirl54@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 21, 2009
        Hello, I would love to see page 2 Klimchak and Page 11 Lucan. Lucan is my
        mother in law's maiden name.

        In a message dated 6/21/2009 11:19:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        mabensh@... writes:

        Have scanned another issue of Children's Friend Slovak magazine. This is
        the June 1974 issue. If you'd like me to email a page, let me know the page
        number and surname. For some new members, they might want to do a search of
        our archives as I've posted nearly 2 years worth of issues/surnames.

        p2 - Stofko, Egan, Klimchak
        p5 - Fialkovic, Kurak, Hodas, Franko, Galik, Dziak-Bohm, Garasic, Burican

        p6 - Shambora, Krajsa, Behuncik, Venit, Cernan
        p7 - Cernan, Istvanek, Seliga
        p9 - Dulik, Podkrivacky
        p10 - Bosak, Husek, Dulik
        p11 - Sciranka, Baydik, Maga, Janiek, Sajdak, Valach, Gasparovic, Dutko,
        Kacurak, Lucan, Szema, Svrchek, Hussar, Lacko, Pacuta, Kulka, Kovac, Cehelska

        p12 - Tanzone, Holodak, Goulad, Aldis
        p14 - Jones, Ribar, Bobusch
        p15 - Papin

        steps!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323000x1201367220/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
        JunestepsfooterNO62)

      • Milan Olle
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 21, 2009
          Wow! Isn't Cernan the Name of one of the famous Nasa astronaughts?

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 21, 2009
            I would love to have a copy of that page also, page 7, my husband has a
            link to Cernan the astronaut, and we have been trying to make contact. My
            husband reached out to his publicist, but the publicist couldn't guarantee
            anything for us.

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 21, 2009
                Where would I find your archives?

                Margaret

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 22, 2009
                  I've posted every issue listing surnames in the Slovak Roots message posts. So, you should be able to search the messages for specific surnames and if I have one listed on my messages, then it should show up. You can let me know if anything does and I'll be happy to email it.

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Margaret Hicks" <m-s6hix2@...> wrote:

                  > Where would I find your archives?
                  >
                  > Margaret
                • mabensh
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 22, 2009
                    Yes, that is the reference in the article - the astronaut and his mother at a statue unveiling ceremony.

                    > In a message dated 6/21/2009 1:14:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                    > coolkeytool@... writes:
                    >

                    > Wow! Isn't Cernan the Name of one of the famous Nasa astronauts?
                  • Paula Stellmach
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 24, 2009
                      Hi,

                      I am looking for surnames Komada, Pincar and Strbavi in Dluha, don't know
                      the towns of all of them.

                      Paula Stellmach

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 24, 2009
                        What is the website for the magazine I could look up the names?

                        Paula

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 4 3:52 PM
                          Hi, I'm a new member.  What is your webpage?  I'd like to check it out.  Thank you!

                          ************ **A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy
                          steps!
                          (http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100126575x122132 3000x1201367220/ aol?redir= http://www. freecreditreport .com/pm/default. aspx?sc=668072& hmpgID=62& bcd=
                          JunestepsfooterNO62 )

                        • Michael Mojher
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 4 4:19 PM
                            Linda,
                            SLOVAK-ROOTS is a genealogy support group for those who have family roots in the country of Slovakia. That is the simple answer.
                            Is there something more you would like to know?

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 4 4:26 PM
                              Yes, I realize the purpose of the group.  Sorry, I guess my request to the previous post in the 'Surnames from Slovak Magazine' wasn't clearly written.  I wanted to know how to locate the archives she mentioned.  I was hoping I might find info about my grandmother's family (Ochotniczky and Kiliany) in the magazines archives.

                              Thank you.

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 4 4:53 PM
                                Linda,
                                Out of curiosity I entered your surnames in the Slovak 1995 Census data base. The surname Ocholniczky had not listing. But Kiliany did -
                                the first line says that there were 36 listing for Kiliany in 36 locations, the top 12 are given. Each listing is 1) name of the place, 2) (okr) name of the county it is in and 3) how many Kiliany are there.
                                My ancestral village is in okr. Stara Lubovna, except for Durkova I have been to all of the other places during my six trips. And okr. Poprad it the county just west okr. Stara Lubovna.
                                Do you know where your Kiliany ancestors came from?
                                Priezvisko KILIANY sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 36×, celkový pocet lokalít: 12, v lokalitách:
                                FORBASY, okr. STARÁ LUBOVNA - 9×;
                                KAMIENKA, okr. STARÁ LUBOVNA - 6×;
                                BRESTOVANY, okr. TRNAVA - 4×;
                                NIZNÉ RUZBACHY, okr. STARÁ LUBOVNA - 4×;
                                ZAVAR, okr. TRNAVA - 4×;
                                DURKOVÁ, okr. STARÁ LUBOVNA - 2×;
                                GÁN, okr. GALANTA - 2×;
                                SPACINCE, okr. TRNAVA - 1×;