translation? language?

  • nilo3rak
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2009
      Can anyone help?

      I posted this image, GraveCaption2.jpg,to Files on May 27, 2007.
      It was written on the back of a photo of a man and 3 children, 2 girls and a small boy, at a grave site.

      I believe it is my grandfather, my mother and siblings. Grandfather was originally from Pekelnik, Orava megye, Trestina jaras. Austria-Hungary. I know that he could sign his name, but not if he was literate. If this is my grandmother's grave site, it is somewhere in Western Pennsylvania, circa 1913 +/- 4years. Search of records has not located her place or date of death.

      To date I cannot make anything out of it or even what language (dialect) is used.

      Any help, any ideas, or any hints would be greatly appreciated.
      Carolyn