  • Pat Donahoo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 16, 2009
      I have two questions.

      I have pulled up on www.cemeterysk.sk <http://www.cemeterysk.sk/> the town
      of Mosovce, but there is nothing shown for the cemetery. What must I do to
      get something to appear other than the name MOSOVCE?

      I found what appears to be the second part of a two-part word on a
      gravestone in Horna Stuba. Please tell me what is the meaning of the word
      or partial word SAZOVSKA?

      I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

      Dot

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 16, 2009
        >>> Please tell me what is the meaning of the word or partial word SAZOVSKA? <<<

        I believe it to be a female surname.
      • Ben Sorensen
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 16, 2009
          What is the database in CZ that you use?
          Ben

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 16, 2009
            >>> What is the database in CZ that you use? <<<

            The Internet!!!
          • Peter Nagy
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 17, 2009
              There is a page, where you can download frequency of the surnames in
              Czech Republic:
              http://www.mvcr.cz/clanek/cetnost-jmen-a-prijmeni.aspx

              Peter

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 17, 2009
                I must show my ignorance in that I don’t know what you mean when you ask
                what database I’m using.

                The word Sazovska appears as follows on a photo of what appears to be a
                partial gravestone in a cemetery in Horna Stubna, Sk.:

                __ Zuzana Kulfanova
                Rod Horvatova
                1851-1906
                ????? Sazovska

                You will note the line before the name. I suspect there is someone buried
                on the other side. The photo was taken off of a CD someone sent to me, and
                I have absolutely no other information. The photo was not good to begin
                with.

                Dot

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 17, 2009
                  >>> I must show my ignorance in that I don't know what you mean when you ask what database I'm using. <<<

                  The reply was related to the question of how I found the surname Sazovska in CR.

                  The Kulfan and Horvat names still exist in Horná Štubòa phone listings.
                • Margaret Hicks
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 7, 2009
                    I went to this link, where do I find the surnames?

                    Margaret