From the listowner

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2000
      You may have noticed that the ads which were previously at the bottom of
      messages are now at the -top- of each message. This is a new policy of
      egroups, and is not one which I can do anything about. Personally, I'm
      not thrilled about it, but again, it's not under my control.

      Altogether, I believe egroups to be a good service, and it is free after
      all, so the ads are how they support being able to host all these lists.
      Even Rootsweb is now putting ads on all new lists, so ads on mailing
      lists are a fact of life now on the internet.

      I just wanted to explain what is going on as I'm sure some of you would
      wonder.

      Maura