Re: [S-R] Szarka and Sarka

  • Theresa
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 15 12:35 AM
      Hi,

      I looked up "magpie" in Hungarian and it is szakra.
      Szarka is Hungarian for "pie."

      No translation available in Slovak for sarka.

      Theresa
    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 15 12:57 AM
        Hi Theresa,

        I know it's very late (nearly 4 a.m. here), but you've either got a bad
        Hungarian dictionary or a typo. It is szarka, not szakra.

        Got to get some sleep.

        Janet

        _____