Re: Fw: Re: [S-R] Szarka/Krizsek

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2009
      Hi Bill, et al,
      I can't believe I learned to speak either Slovak or English. :-P As you could tell from this post, I like my Slivovica very heavy...
      WOW, I feel kinda illiterate right now. In Slovak, the term is "negramotny." Thank you, I won't make THAT mistake again....

      From: "Ben/Milka Sorensen" <cerrunos1@yahoo. com>
      Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 18:12:0SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com1 -0000
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Szarka/Krizsek

      Sarka- vírusová choroba sliviek prejavujúca sa prehlbeninami a hnednutím
      povrchu plodov.

      Sarka (En? anyone?)- a viral ailment that attacks plumbs, indicated by a
      thickening and a browning of the fruit's surface.

      I am not very good at zoology in English or Slovak, and I don't speak
      Hungarian, but this is just to correct that a sarka is NOT a magpie in
      Slovak. In Slovak, that is straka ciernozoba. Just so that no one goes
      looking for sarky in Slovakia- you will be doing something other than

      It is the bane of all brewers of slivovica- and that is how I knew that
      translation was incorrect. :-P