Help identifying the right town -- Dolha

  • mromanstix
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2009
      My grandfather came from Dolha, Dovhe, Dolhoje (ways it was spelled on his various documents) in Hungary (1912)and Czechoslovakia (1926). In searching the internet and various sites mentioned by this group, I have identified a number of towns by these names. The only thing I have to go on is that he was in or very close to the Carpathian Mountains and initially identified himself as Ruthenian (later he said Slovak).

      Is there any way to narrow down the correct town? His name was Mitro (Demetrius) Roman. His father was John (Ivan) Roman and mother was Anna Loga. Anna Loga's mother was Afia Ratj from Kusneca. I have the names of Mitro's brothers and some of his aunts and uncles.

      Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

      Thank you,

      Michelle
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2009
        DOLHA (Magyar/Hungarian) = DOVHE OR DOHE (Ukraine, present-day) = DOHGOJE =
        Romanian DOLHA, Slovak DOLHE.

        Village was in Hungary Mamararos county, Dolhai district.
        Consistent with being in the Carpathians. Very close to Bereg County
        border.
        See my other note for how to correlate the years, if you have not done so
        already. Congrats.