Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Translation help......

  • joe@gsphdean.gsph.pitt.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2000
      It says:

      Obituary
      We announce to all friends and acquaintances that our beloved wife,
      mother-in-law, and grandmother, Anna Lehotcky, died after a short illness
      on Tuesday, March 9,
      1948, at 6:30 p.m., at 70 years of age. She was born in Gajar in Slovakia
      and lived in that country for 40 years. The funeral of the dearly deceased
      will take place on Saturday, March 13 1948, at 9:00 a.m., from the Jan
      Satal funeral home to the church of St. Michael, and from there to
      Resurrection cemetery. Condolences are requested by: Stefan Lehotcky, the
      grieving husband; Eva Nerad, daughter; Michael, Stefan, Ondrej, here, and
      Cyril, in Slovakia, sons; James Nerad, son-in-law; Emile, Helen, Angeline,
      daughters-in-law; 8 grandchildren, parents-in-law, godparents, and other
      friends. For more information contact the Jan Satal funeral home, telephone

      >I have come into possession of another obit that I need help in
      >tranlating.
      >OZNAMENI UMRTI
      >Oznamujeme vsem pratelum a znamym ze zemrela nase milovana manzelka,
      >tchtyne a babicka
      >ANNA LEHOTCKY
      >4728 South Damien Avenue
      >po kratke nemoci v utery, dne 9. brezna 1948 v 6:30 hod. vecer u
      >veku 70 roku. Narozena byl v Gajaru na Slovensku a v teto zemi zila 40
      >roku. Pohreb drahe zesnule bude se konati v sobotu, dne 13. brezna
      >1948, v 9 hod. rano, z kaple pohrenbniho ustavu p. Jana Satala, 4744
      >s. Damien Ave. do kostola sv. Michala a odtud na hrbitov Vzkriseni
      >Pane. --Za tichou soustast prosi:
      >Stefan Lehotcky, truchlici manzel; Eva Nerad, dcera; Michael, Stefan,
      >Ondrej zde a Cyril, na Slovensku, synove: James Nerad, zet'; Emile,
      >Helen, Angeline, snacky; 8 vnoucat, svakrove, kmotri a ostatni
      >pratele. Dalsi podrobnosti sdeli pohrebni ustav Jan Satala, Telefon
      Lafayette