Re: [S-R] Re: (unknown)

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 33 , May 29, 2009
      As I understand it the list of surnames found in the village. You will see is the use of male and female forms ("ova" ending, female). I have found at times that this is not the complete list. Nonetheless, a big portion.
      Juraj has only done villages in Eastern Slovakia. Any place west of Stara Lubovna is not done. For us whose roots are in the east it is a great tool. I always do a "bull's-eye" search, working my way out from a village and seeing if any nearby villages have the surnames I'm searching. Sometimes you hit a surprise, where there are more people in another village with the surname than the one you began with. Often this is an indication that this is that families ancestral village.

      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 9, 2012
        Yes, you did Vilo.

        The one additional thing we (two of us) should have done was to delete the link in any discussion of it.

        Ron