Fw: Beautiful Photographs of Slovakia/Link

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2009
      Sorry I forgot he link.

      From: Michael Mojher
      Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:53 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Beautiful Photographs of Slovakia

      My cousin, Frantisek Mojcher, in Hromos, Slovakia sent me a link to a photographer's website. It may be all in Slovak, nonetheless, it is fairly easy to view the work of Jan Zahornacky. On the opening page are a series of photographs. Click on them and they will be opened in a larger viewing. Below the photographs are links to two other pages of photographs, 77 in all. http://www.vivo.sk/user/zaho/photos
      On the left is an series of links highlighted in light blue. Click on Komentare. This opens three pages where people wrote comments about Jan's photographs. There are approximately 45 photographs here.
      What impressed me about his photographs is Jan's use of light in both his color and black and white photographs. They were very reminiscent of the techniques used by Ansel Adams. The first photograph, Siva Brada 8, was so powerful for me, because I have seen such countryside every time I drove from Presov to my ancestral village, Hromos, on Highway 68. On this first page, in the next to last row of pictures is one titled Krasy Slovenska. This is the beauty you find driving through the Carpathian Mountains. In Komentare, page 2, first photograph with comments by "oleo" is a black and white photograph called Putnici.
      Michael Mojher

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 2 , May 26, 2009
        Stunning photos. I was particularly taken by the photo Noc'ný Smokovec. It made me want to go there. The mountain road would be a fabulous drive in my P-car.

        I'll be he can do wonders with cave photos too.