Re: [S-R] Will someone please help interpret a record for me?

  • nosy mom
    Message 1 of 24 , May 23, 2009
      Jody,   An old friend on mine has researched her Gonda family.If you are interested , please email me & I will forward her email address to you .  Maggie

      Message 2 of 24 , May 23, 2009
        Yes, I definately am interested!  Please let me know how we can get in touch.
        Thank you, Maggie!

        Jody

        Jody,   An old friend on mine has researched her Gonda family.If you are interested , please email me & I will forward her email address to you .  Maggie

        Ooops! i replied to soon as this brings up a question ... If the record of death was found in the LDS film on date 2 Dec 1883, then why would the "Observation" give a death date of 17 Oct 1924?

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@.. .> wrote:

        > Jody,
        > The last column is the "Observation" one. Anything can be entered here that is relevant to the person. In your case it appears to be George's death date. There is a + (a cross signifying death) then 17/X 1924 or October 17, 1924.

      • nosy mom
        Message 3 of 24 , May 23, 2009
          Jody,  I am sending her address to your email . Maggie

          Yes, I definately am interested!  Please let me know how we can get in touch.
          Thank you, Maggie!

          Jody

          Jody,   An old friend on mine has researched her Gonda family.If you are interested , please email me & I will forward her email address to you .  Maggie

          Ooops! i replied to soon as this brings up a question ... If the record of death was found in the LDS film on date 2 Dec 1883, then why would the "Observation" give a death date of 17 Oct 1924?

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@.. .> wrote:

          > Jody,
          > The last column is the "Observation" one. Anything can be entered here that is relevant to the person. In your case it appears to be George's death date. There is a + (a cross signifying death) then 17/X 1924 or October 17, 1924.

        • Ben Sorensen
          Message 4 of 24 , May 23, 2009
            Hi there, I am replying to the question about what the X stands for...

            The tenth month is in fact October, however, X signifies DECember. October would be VIII or VIIIber. (See? Decimal, deciliter, decade- all doing with ten. Octogon, octopus, octogenerian- all with eight....)

            As you might guess, VIIber is September, VIIIber is October, IXber is November, and Xber is December.

            I hope this helps.
            Ben

            Yes, I definately am interested!  Please let me know how we can get in touch.
            Thank you, Maggie!

            Jody

            Jody,   An old friend on mine has researched her Gonda family.If you are interested , please email me & I will forward her email address to you .  Maggie

            Ooops! i replied to soon as this brings up a question ... If the record of death was found in the LDS film on date 2 Dec 1883, then why would the "Observation" give a death date of 17 Oct 1924?

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@.. .> wrote:

            > Jody,
            > The last column is the "Observation" one. Anything can be entered here that is relevant to the person. In your case it appears to be George's death date. There is a + (a cross signifying death) then 17/X 1924 or October 17, 1924.

          • Ben Sorensen
            Message 5 of 24 , May 23, 2009
              Oops, spelling correction :-)
              Octogenarian