Translation help......

  • Theresa McGlothlen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2000
      I have come into possession of another obit that I need help in
      tranlating.

      OZNAMENI UMRTI
      Oznamujeme vsem pratelum a znamym ze zemrela nase milovana manzelka,
      tchtyne a babicka
      ANNA LEHOTCKY
      4728 South Damien Avenue
      po kratke nemoci v utery, dne 9. brezna 1948 v 6:30 hod. vecer u
      veku
      70 roku. Narozena byl v Gajaru na Slovensku a v teto zemi zila 40
      roku. Pohreb drahe zesnule bude se konati v sobotu, dne 13. brezna
      1948, v 9 hod. rano, z kaple pohrenbniho ustavu p. Jana Satala, 4744
      s. Damien Ave. do kostola sv. Michala a odtud na hrbitov Vzkriseni
      Pane. --Za tichou soustast prosi:
      Stefan Lehotcky, truchlici manzel; Eva Nerad, dcera; Michael, Stefan,
      Ondrej zde a Cyril, na Slovensku, synove: James Nerad, zet'; Emile,
      Helen, Angeline, snacky; 8 vnoucat, svakrove, kmotri a ostatni
      pratele.
      Dalsi podrobnosti sdeli pohrebni ustav Jan Satala, Telefon Lafayette
      9046.

      This obit mentions my father, whereas the previous one didn't.

      Thanks again,
      Theresa (Nerad, Lehocky, Lehotcky)
    • joe@gsphdean.gsph.pitt.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2000
        It says:

        Obituary
        We announce to all friends and acquaintances that our beloved wife,
        mother-in-law, and grandmother, Anna Lehotcky, died after a short illness
        on Tuesday, March 9,
        1948, at 6:30 p.m., at 70 years of age. She was born in Gajar in Slovakia
        and lived in that country for 40 years. The funeral of the dearly deceased
        will take place on Saturday, March 13 1948, at 9:00 a.m., from the Jan
        Satal funeral home to the church of St. Michael, and from there to
        Resurrection cemetery. Condolences are requested by: Stefan Lehotcky, the
        grieving husband; Eva Nerad, daughter; Michael, Stefan, Ondrej, here, and
        Cyril, in Slovakia, sons; James Nerad, son-in-law; Emile, Helen, Angeline,
        daughters-in-law; 8 grandchildren, parents-in-law, godparents, and other
        friends. For more information contact the Jan Satal funeral home, telephone