Re: Help on Kassa and Kocise, please

  • Frank Kurchina
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 27, 2000
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, kathiraisa@a... wrote:
      > Hello
      >
      > I have some old papers of my grandfather that says he was born in
      Kassa
      > Hamor, Austria Hungary. So far, I have only been able to find a
      city called
      > Kassa, which today is Kosice in Slovakia. No mention of Hamor.
      >
      > Trying to track dowm my great-grandmother, granpa's mother, I have
      found a
      > person on a passanger list that could be her, but she was from
      Hamor, Hungary.

      > I am confused. Kassa Hamor? Just Kassa? Just Hamor? Were/are
      they near to
      > each other?
      >
      > Thanks for your help.
      > Kathi-Raisa Petrick
      > Cockeysville, MD

      KATHI-RAISA

      Kos^ické Hámre is located 2.8 miles from Kos^ická Belá.

      The LDS-Mormons have filmed the R.C. parish churh records
      (1750-1895) for Kos^ické Hámre, Slovakia, formerly
      Kassa-Hámor.

      Listed under Kos^ická Belá, Slovakia, formerly Kassa Béla.
      Includes affiliated towns of Kos^ické Hámre, Slovakia, formerly
      Kassa-Hámor, Abauj-Torna Megye, Hungary, and Malý Folkmar,
      Slovakia, formerly Kis-Folkmár, Szepes Megye, Hungary.
      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      The LDS-Mormons have filmed the G.C. parish churh records
      (1727-1896) for Kos^ická Belá, Slovakia, formerly
      Kassa-Belá.
      Listed under Kojsov, Slovensko, Czechoslovakia, formerly known
      as Kojsó, Szepes Megye, Hungary.
      Includes affiliates Gelnica, Hýlov, Jaklovce, Kos^ická Belá,
      Margecany, Nizný Klatov, Opátka, Velký Folkmár, Vysný
      Klatov,
      Zlatá Idka and Zakarovce.
      Text in Latin and Hungarian.
    • John
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 27, 2000
        At 09:08 AM 8/27/00 +0000, you wrote:
        Frank,

        Thanks for the confirmation and additional information. I'll have to order
        the films.

        John