Ancestry and other pay sites

  • Lisa Baker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2009
      Hi group,

      Something that people might want to consider before signing up for paid sites, (not knocking them I belong to Ancestry) Some genealogy library's have Ancestry's Library Edition available for patron's, also if you have a Regional Family History Center near you they also will have Ancestry's Library Edition.

      Smaller local Family History Center's (you can find one near you at: http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/FHC/frameset_fhc.asp )

      Those with internet access should have the Family History Center Services Portal available, this website which is only for use at the Family History Center will give you free access to sites such as

      1. Heritage Quest
      2. World Vital Records
      3. Godfrey Memorial Library
      4. Footnote
      5. Civil War Database

      Hope this helps someone, if you have any questions, please email me I volunteer at our local Family History Center

      Lisa