Re: [S-R] George Tkach and Micheal Tkach, Tkacs

  • dulli862@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 4, 2009
      I have a Tracx in my family from the Zbaraz district of Poland. Could
      this be of any use?

      Basia G

      In a message dated 5/3/2009 6:27:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      mgmojher@... writes:

      Deb,
      I went to the 1995 Census program to look for the surname Tkac and Tkacs.
      There were no listings for Tkacs. There were two forms for Tkac. One with a
      "v" dialect mark over the "c" had 65 hits. The other with dialect mark
      over the "a" and "c" had 2348 hits. Making it a somewhat common surname for
      Slovakia. Most of the places where the name is found is in Eastern Slovakia.

      Message 2 of 10 , May 4, 2009
        This one is not the correct man.

        Deb West

        Ellis Island find: Georg Tkacs arrived in 1907 at age 17, born 1890. Birth years off. Came from Nagydonissa, Hungary where in mother, Maria Tkacs was. He was heading for McKiesport, PA to his uncle, Ivan Zajisra (don't know if this spelling is correct).