Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Help on Kassa and Kocise, please

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2000
      At 08:02 PM 8/26/00 -0600, you wrote:
      >At 03:40 PM 8/26/00 -0400, you wrote:
      > >Hello
      > >
      > >I have some old papers of my grandfather that says he was born in Kassa
      > >Hamor, Austria Hungary. So far, I have only been able to find a city called
      > >Kassa, which today is Kosice in Slovakia. No mention of Hamor.

      If you have the Podrobny Autoatlas, Kos^icka Bela' is at B3 on page 52 (in
      mine). They show a Kosicke Hamre in the upper left hand corner of block B3.

      Janko
    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 27, 2000
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, kathiraisa@a... wrote:
        > Hello
        >
        > I have some old papers of my grandfather that says he was born in
        Kassa
        > Hamor, Austria Hungary. So far, I have only been able to find a
        city called
        > Kassa, which today is Kosice in Slovakia. No mention of Hamor.
        >
        > Trying to track dowm my great-grandmother, granpa's mother, I have
        found a
        > person on a passanger list that could be her, but she was from
        Hamor, Hungary.

        > I am confused. Kassa Hamor? Just Kassa? Just Hamor? Were/are
        they near to
        > each other?
        >
        > Thanks for your help.
        > Kathi-Raisa Petrick
        > Cockeysville, MD

        KATHI-RAISA

        Kos^ické Hámre is located 2.8 miles from Kos^ická Belá.

        The LDS-Mormons have filmed the R.C. parish churh records
        (1750-1895) for Kos^ické Hámre, Slovakia, formerly
        Kassa-Hámor.

        Listed under Kos^ická Belá, Slovakia, formerly Kassa Béla.
        Includes affiliated towns of Kos^ické Hámre, Slovakia, formerly
        Kassa-Hámor, Abauj-Torna Megye, Hungary, and Malý Folkmar,
        Slovakia, formerly Kis-Folkmár, Szepes Megye, Hungary.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        The LDS-Mormons have filmed the G.C. parish churh records
        (1727-1896) for Kos^ická Belá, Slovakia, formerly
        Kassa-Belá.
        Listed under Kojsov, Slovensko, Czechoslovakia, formerly known
        as Kojsó, Szepes Megye, Hungary.
        Includes affiliates Gelnica, Hýlov, Jaklovce, Kos^ická Belá,
        Margecany, Nizný Klatov, Opátka, Velký Folkmár, Vysný
        Klatov,
        Zlatá Idka and Zakarovce.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.
      • John
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 27, 2000
          At 09:08 AM 8/27/00 +0000, you wrote:
          Frank,

          Thanks for the confirmation and additional information. I'll have to order
          the films.

          John