tkacs - still in search of this information.

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2009
      It seems I am unable to get online to the sites that I was told previously to enter. I need help if anyone can help me out.

      I am still in search of Gyorg Tkacs and his birthplace, father and
      marriage date. I have his death date in America. I also am looking
      for his wife's name I know it is Maria possible DURTA. Can you help
      me out. My grandmother is 97 years old and I want to give this
      information to her. Thanks
    • david1law@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2009
        Hello:

        TKACS is a very common surname and means "weaver" (tkac means "weaver" in
        Slovak and takacs means "weaver" in Hungarian). The surname appears in my
        own ancestry. In order to find the right one, you need to first find out
        further information about GYORG TKACS in America (immigration, where he
        originally lived in American, etc.) so that you can ascertain the village of
        origin in Europe; otherwise, it is like looking for the proverbial "needle"
        in a genealogical haystack. I hope that this helps a little.

        Best regards,

        David
        **************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
        Steps!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222376998x1201454298/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=M
        ay5309AvgfooterNO62)

        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2009
          Which specific sites are you having trouble with. Please call them out.
          Regards,
          Bill