Re: [S-R] Lovasik

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 24 11:30 AM
      From the 1995 Census here is the results of your surnames:
      Lovasik can be spelled three ways. Two by the first spelling; one each in the cities of Ruzomberok and Bratislava / Ruzinov area. The second spelling had 26 results. The first three towns, Majcichov, Krizovany nad Dudvahom account for 16 of the 26. Since they are all in the County/District of Trnava and the third spelling is in Trnava also, I would consider focusing your search in those four towns. Unless, you have a clue that they came from somewhere else.
      Priezvisko LOVASIK sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 2×, celkový pocet lokalít: 2, v lokalitách:
      RUZOMBEROK, okr. LIPTOVSKÝ MIKULÁS (od r. 1996 RUZOMBEROK) - 1×;
      RUZINOV (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA - 1×;

      Priezvisko LOVÁSIK sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 26×, celkový pocet lokalít: 10, v lokalitách:
      MAJCICHOV, okr. TRNAVA - 9×;
      KRIZOVANY NAD DUDVÁHOM, okr. TRNAVA - 4×;
      ZELENEC, okr. TRNAVA - 3×;
      DIVINKA, okr. ZILINA - 2×;
      PEZINOK, okr. BRATISLAVA-VIDIEK (od r. 1996 PEZINOK) - 2×;
      ZÁPAD (obec KOSICE), okr. KOSICE - 2×;
      HRICOVSKÉ PODHRADIE, okr. ZILINA - 1×;
      SVEDERNÍK, okr. ZILINA - 1×;
      STARÉ MESTO (obec KOSICE), okr. KOSICE - 1×;
      PETRZALKA (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA - 1×;

      Priezvisko LOVASÍK sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 3×, celkový pocet lokalít: 1, v lokalitách:
      TRNAVA, okr. TRNAVA - 3×;

      Katrushik had no hits. An alternative was given: Katrusik with two in the city of Bytca area of Velka Bytca and one in Halic.
      Priezvisko KATRUSÍK sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 3×, celkový pocet lokalít: 2, v lokalitách:
      VELKÁ BYTCA (obec BYTCA), okr. ZILINA (od r. 1996 BYTCA) - 2×;
      HALIC, okr. LUCENEC - 1×;
      Michael Mojher

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 24 1:11 PM
        Dear Must Have Been,

        Your grandfather and family appear in U.S. immigration records as well as Canadian.

        He arrived in New York aboard the Queen Elizabeth, in transit to Canada. Date of arrival 25 march 1948. Accompanied by his wife and son Anton.

        He claims birth in Czecho-Slovakia in the village of Pastina.

        His wife claims birth in village of Zavada, where Anton was also born.

        They all claim most recent residence in Pastina.

        Curt B.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 24 2:01 PM
          Musthavebeen,

          The canadian immigration records indicate your grandfather originally entered Canada before 1935 so your grandparents were apparently separated during the war. I do not have detailed access to those records, but they are available online, for a fee, at Ancestry.com.

          check them out. Maybe someone else has access and will check for you.

          Your grandparents were from the Zilina district of Slovakia and there is only one U.S. immigrant named Agnes Lovasik from the same area - namely Hricov. She was born in 1898. While Lovasik is an uncommon name in the U.S., the others are not likely any near relation that is traceable.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 24 2:55 PM
            There is a village of Pastina Zavada due West of the city of Zilina. Here is a website for information on it - http://en.e-obce.sk/obec/pastinazavada/pastina-zavada.html

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 24 3:12 PM
              Hricov. On the modern road atlas there are two: Dolny Hricov and Horny Hricov. They are very close to one another. The city of Bytca is on the Vah River. If you go East of Bytca on the south side of the river you will come to Dolny Hricov and about 6 km further is Horny Hricov.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 24 7:45 PM
                The Lovasik surnames was found in four towns in Zilina County in the 1995 Census: Velka Bytca, Hricovske Podhradie, Svedernik and Divinka. And Curt gave you the village of Pastina Zavada. They are all between the cities of Btca and Zilina. In addition you had Dolny Hricov and Horny Hricov that is in there with previous four. Which seems to give you a targeted area to do your research.
                The online telephone directory had this for Lovasik,
                Lovásiková Zelmíra Svederník 126, Svederník
                Lovásik Alojz Majcichov 533, Majcichov
                Lovasík Ivan Nábr.M.R.Stefánika 2, Ruzomberok
                Lovásik Jozef Krizovany nad Dudváhom 508, Krizovany nad Dudváhom
                Lovasik Roman Majcichov 409, Majcichov
                Lovásik Vladimír rekreacná oblast 2503/22, Buková
                Lovásik Pavol Idanská 7 , Kosice 11
                Lovásik Róbert Zelenec 301 , Zelenec
                Lovásik Vladimír Výhon 11 , Zelenec pri Trnave
                Lovásik Jozef-JL-stavebné práce Majcichov 166 , Majcichov

                and for Katrusik - Katrusíkova Anna Pastina Závada 44, Pastina Závada
                Katrusíková Anna Hodzova (m.c. Kosúty) 16/53, Martin
                It could be worth while to write Zelmira Lovaskikova in Svedernik and Anna Katrusikova in Pastina Zavada and make an inquiry. Since your family immigrated in 1948 there may well be people alive that may remember them.