Re: re {SR} Success in Brezovica

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2009
      >>> And, since they're in the twentieth century, I'm afraid they might balk. I may have to try and get the people over there to go to the archives for me?? <<<

      YES, that's the approach I used. After an initial visit to the "archivist" in Budkovce, I created a spreadsheet with 10 (Slovak) headings and 17 rows of names. The information I had on hand was filled in. The blanks were highlighted for completion by the archivist. I left the search fee with my local relatives.

      After a while, the information flowed back to me via the completed spreadsheet.

      Of course, some spreadsheet cells were left blank because the information was not available in Budkovce.