Bobrovec bell tower

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2009
      To all of you with roots in Bobrovec, Slovakia, we have a great challenge.

      The Church of St. George (Sv. Juraj) greatly needs your financial help right now to renovate the Bell Tower and especially the antique bells, one of which, now 400 years old, was saved at great risk by our ancestors during World War I.

      Please log on to our website at bobrovecbells.org and help in any way you possibly can.

      D'akujeme pekne, s pozdravom, Greg Fasing, Honorary Consul, Consulate of the Slovak Republic, Denver, Colorado USA

      Gregory Fasing
      Honorary Consul
      Consulate of the Slovak Republic
      P. O. Box 2 0 0 3 4 0
      Denver, Colorado 80220-0340 USA
      303-692-8833
      Fax 720-306-4442
      consulden@...
      Skype: gregory.fasing
    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2009
        The church dates back to 14th century and it was remodeled in
        renaissance style 1550-1560.

        The bell is from 1527.

        I have been there in 1997 and there is a rare consecrated chapel
        church of musicians there with seating capacity for 4 people.

        Vladi