Re: [S-R] Slovak Death Records Oszuszka

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2009
      Joanne,
      To aid you in the future, here is a website that has record headings in Slovak, Latin and Hungarian - http://www.bmi.net/~latin/
      Filius is Latin for son. I would say your translation is correct.
      Your 1844 record is in Hungarian. Ameghaltnak , meghal is to die, so I believe these are death records.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2009
        Dear Michael,
        Thank you so very much for your help. I have learned so much with the help of this group in the last few years.
        Respectfully,
        Joanne Liston