Scavnik

  • trista_2002us
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2009
      My grandfather, Michael Pikovsky, came from the town of Scavnik. I have searched the web and have found no listing of this site on maps of Slovakia. He came to the United States at the turn of the century and lived for a short time in Windber PA and then returned to NYC where he died. Is there a Scavnik today or has the name changed over the past 100 years. Thank you for any help.
    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2009
        It is naw called SPISSKY STIAVNIK. I been there many times on may way
        to and from LEVOCA to and from Liptovska Teplicka

        Contact me at: vlinder49@...
        Vladi

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2009
          But there is also SARISSKY STIAVNIK North of GIRALTOVCE or SOUTH of
          SVIDNIK. Been to that one as well.

          Vladi