Re: Plavnica - information needed

  • Susan Friedhaber-Hard
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009

      Since the village of Plavnica has entered into the conversation, I would like to take this opportunity to ask a question, or even for some help.

      Plavnica is my ancestral village and both of my grandparents (Pruzinsky & Lincsa) were born there in 1890. I have mentioned this on the Listserv before. A relative has done a search for me on both, giving me information that goes back into the 1700s.

      However, In order to finish the puzzle, I need to find the missing piece. What I need to know is the name of the Roman Catholic priest who lived in Plavnica, or was pastor there, possibly as a missionary, approximately during the years of 1854-1855-1856, and where he came from.

      Do the local parishes retain the records this far back, or are they in centralized archives somewhere else?

      If anyone is interested or has information to help me, I can explain further why I need have this information. Contact me at barclaypenn@...

      Thank you.
      Susan Friedhaber-Hard

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
        >>> What I need to know is the name of the Roman Catholic priest who lived in Plavnica, or was pastor there, possibly as a missionary, approximately during the years of 1854-1855-1856, and where he came from. <<<

        Easy one. Order the church records at your local LDS Family History Center and the priest's name will be shown beside the journal entry. Film #1793216.
      • Michael Mojher
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
          Susan,
          I looked at the Plavnica records. There is a column titled "Nomen Baptisantis". The name in that column in 1854 was Augustinus Mazalik Adminstrator Plavnicis.
          Contact me.
          Michael Mojher

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2 7:11 AM
            Susan, I notice in your message that you have Pruzinsky in your family. I have a Anna Pruzinski married to John Plavcan. I am looking for her family now. Is this Anna part of your family

            Margaret Hicks

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2 8:36 PM
              Margaret,
              Do you have a birthdate for Anna Pruzinski?
              Susan

[...]

              If anyone is interested or has information to help me, I can explain further why I need have this information. Contact me at barclaypenn@ yahoo.com

              Thank you.
              Susan Friedhaber-Hard