RE: [S-R] Sending money to the archives

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 30, 2009
      I can tall you right now they didn't find anything as that is about
      less than one hour charge. In archival work it means nothing.

      Vladi

      At 02:16 PM 3/30/2009, you wrote:

      >Tom,
      >
      >Today's rate is 1 Euro = 1.3163 US Dollars.
      >
      >12.01 Euros = $15.8088 Dollars.
      >
      >Send them $16 dollars cash.
      >
      >Frank
      >
      >_____

    • Ben Sorensen
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 30, 2009
        Also, if you send an American personal check, it may cost them more than the total check to cash it. (To cash one in 2004 cost me about 20% of a 250 dollar cheque.)

          See if you can get a International Money Order for the Euro amount. It will be less of a headache for both parties.
        Ben

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 30, 2009
          I can transfer electronically EUROS from my Slovak account to anybody
          with electronic banking, no problem
          Vladi

        • Ben Sorensen
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 30, 2009
            Tom:
            What Vladi is offering is probably the cheapest form of payment that you can find- as well as one that won't annoy the other party with fees and exchange rates.  Trust me.... I now regret closing mine out. Take this offer! :-)
            Ben

            At 02:44 PM 3/30/2009, you wrote:

            >Also, if you send an American personal check, it may cost them more
            >than the total check to cash it. (To cash one in 2004 cost me about
            >20% of a 250 dollar cheque.)
            >
            > See if you can get a International Money Order for the Euro
            > amount. It will be less of a headache for both parties.
            >Ben
            >
            >--- On Mon, 3/30/09, Vladimir Linder
            ><<mailto:vlinder49 %40shaw.ca>vlinder49@shaw. ca> wrote:
            >
            >From: Vladimir Linder <<mailto:vlinder49% 40shaw.ca>vlinder49@shaw. ca>
            >Subject: RE: [S-R] Sending money to the archives
            >To: <mailto:SLOVAK- ROOTS%40yahoogro ups.com>SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com
            >Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 5:20 PM
            >
            >16.00 wont do as they do charge them service fees in the bank as well
            >and they are higher than in USA or CAnada
            >
            >Vladi
            >
            >At 02:16 PM 3/30/2009, you wrote:
            >
            > >Tom,
            > >
            > >Today's rate is 1 Euro = 1.3163 US Dollars.
            > >
            > >12.01 Euros = $15.8088 Dollars.
            > >
            > >Send them $16 dollars cash.
            > >
            > >Frank
            > >
            > >_____

          • Dan Kisha
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 30, 2009
              In the future if you want to send money to someone in Slovakia I can do it
              for you. Just go to my web page
              http://www.slovakic.com/index.php?category=CHRISBASKETS and view the costs.
              The money is sent via the Slovak Post office which acts like Western Union
              in the US. Of course if Vladi wants to do it for free, you can't beat that.

              Dan Kisha

              Slovak Import Company

              SIC Website: http://www.slovakic.com

              Email address: daniel.kisha@...

              Phone: 410-273-1149

              From: Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@... <mailto:vlinder49%40shaw.ca> >
              To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 5:51 PM

              At 02:44 PM 3/30/2009, you wrote:

              >Also, if you send an American personal check, it may cost them more
              >than the total check to cash it. (To cash one in 2004 cost me about
              >20% of a 250 dollar cheque.)
              >
              > See if you can get a International Money Order for the Euro
              > amount. It will be less of a headache for both parties.
              >Ben
              >
              >--- On Mon, 3/30/09, Vladimir Linder
              ><<mailto:vlinder49 %40shaw.ca>vlinder49@shaw. ca> wrote:
              >
              >From: Vladimir Linder <<mailto:vlinder49% 40shaw.ca>vlinder49@shaw. ca>
              >Subject: RE: [S-R] Sending money to the archives
              >To: <mailto:SLOVAK- ROOTS%40yahoogro ups.com>SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com
              >Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 5:20 PM
              >
              >16.00 wont do as they do charge them service fees in the bank as well
              >and they are higher than in USA or CAnada
              >
              >Vladi
              >
              >At 02:16 PM 3/30/2009, you wrote:
              >
              > >Tom,
              > >
              > >Today's rate is 1 Euro = 1.3163 US Dollars.
              > >
              > >12.01 Euros = $15.8088 Dollars.
              > >
              > >Send them $16 dollars cash.
              > >
              > >Frank
              > >
              > >_____

            • Armata, Joseph R
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 31, 2009
                You can transfer money to a Slovak (or Czech, Polish, Hungarian...) bank account through Paypay (not Paypal!). Their web site is http://www.paypay.com I've used them for over 2 years now and am very satisfied with their service.

                The money shows up in the recipient's bank account 2 or 3 days after you request it. It's in local currency, and there's no fee of any kind to the recipient. The fees for the sender are minimal - a couple percent difference in the exchange rate, plus a 99-cent flat fee for each transfer.

                You fund your transfers either by transfering money to your Paypay account from your bank (this is the cheapest method, though it takes a couple weeks), or by using your credit card (instant, but the fee to you is higher).

                Joe
              • Carl Kotlarchik
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1 7:33 AM
                  Joe,
                  Seems like there is a problem with this paypay site. When I went there, here is a message I got:

                  There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

                  The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

                  Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
                  We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:

                  > You can transfer money to a Slovak (or Czech, Polish, Hungarian...) bank account through Paypay (not Paypal!). Their web site is http://www.paypay.com I've used them for over 2 years now and am very satisfied with their service.
                  >
                  > The money shows up in the recipient's bank account 2 or 3 days after you request it. It's in local currency, and there's no fee of any kind to the recipient. The fees for the sender are minimal - a couple percent difference in the exchange rate, plus a 99-cent flat fee for each transfer.
                  >
                  > You fund your transfers either by transfering money to your Paypay account from your bank (this is the cheapest method, though it takes a couple weeks), or by using your credit card (instant, but the fee to you is higher).
                  >
                  > Joe

                • Armata, Joseph R
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 1 9:30 AM
                    That error is because you included the period at the end of the URL; it shouldn't be there: incorrect http://www.paypay.com instead of correct http://www.paypay.com It looks below like Yahoo included the period when it created the clickable link in the email. Just remove the period at the end.

                    Joe