Re: [S-R] Re: Blue Houses - Handsome Stranger....

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 29, 2009
      Hehehe- ok, blue houses.  Perhaps it is very true, as some of my friends came back and said- "You know, we asked babka/dedko/ some other elder..." and the verdict- they say that yes.  My original thought was that it wasn't true, but these folklorists I trust. Even if we all knew nothing about it,  these folklorist friends have gone out (or HOME!) and asked. Therefore, I am standing corrected (perhaps) in my original belief.

      A caveat- the whole thing could still be just a legend- as I too am getting my verdict from "oral traditions" (and a skanzen in Martin, as one friend works there.) Just thought I would throw it out....
      Ben