Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Geography help, please

  • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2000
      Congratulations!!

      Brezová is in several places:

      1. Northwest Slovakia 9 km east of the Czech border, 13 km northwest of Povaz^ska
      Bystica, 140 km north east of Bratislava.

      2. West central Slovakia, 24 km south southwest of Prievidza and 120 km northeast of
      Bratislava.

      3. South central Slovakia 46 km west northwest of Luc^enec (Luc^enec is 10 km north
      of the Hungarian border), 21 km southeast of Banska' S^tiavnica, and 155
      km north east of Bratislava.

      4. Brezová pod Bradlom is 25 km south west of Nove' Mesto, 24 km north northwest of
      Pies^t^any, and 65 km northeast of Bratislava.

      Ma'st (Ma'zst in Hungarian) 10 km north of Bratislava and about 1 km south of
      Stupava.

      Could be Brezová pod Bradlom since it is about 55 km northeast of Mást.

      Dr. "Q"