Re: [S-R] Rusnak/Cvengros

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23, 2009
      hi - i have 4 listings for Cvengros in Rudnany in my Slovak Pride data base and one is a woman who came on our trip several years ago and found relatives; also have one listing for Rusnak in Rudnany.  Contact me directly if you want to pursue this

      helene
      helenezx@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 24, 2013
        Jack,
        I am a descendant of a Cvengros -- and apparently there was a lot intermarriage between Rusnaks and Cvengrosses, at least in my line.

        My ancestor that might interest you is my ggf Josef Cvengros. Josef's sister Katarina Cvengros married Tomas Rusnak. Interestingly, Tomas' father, Andrej, also was married to a Cvengros (Cwengrosch) Julianna.

        Let me know if you want to compare notes.

        Helena Bouchez

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jackspromos" <jackspromos@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking for relatives in Rudnany Slovakia. My grandparents last names are Rusnak/Cvengros. They came to America in the 1800's. My Aunt found cousins living in the town and kept in contact with them and was told the original house my grandparents lived in is still standing and their names are carved on the wall of the house. Since the death of my Aunt nobody can find her contact information and we are at a loss of how to find our relatives. Where do I start looking? I tried the Slovakian online phonebook but am not having any luck using it.Thanks so much :)

      • Carol
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 24, 2013
          I don't know if this would be of any help, but there was a family of Rusnaks in my home town of Pleasant City, OH, in Guernsey County.  It's a small town so it might be pretty easy to find out if they are still there and might be able to give you some information.
          Carol