[S-R] Birth Record - Janet Kozlay and Bill Tarkulich and others that helped

  • jodygonda4@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2009
      Janet/Bill, and others,

      I looked at the film, finding the marriage record for George Gonda and Rosalin (Bastics) Gonda.  The name Bastics was very clear.  So now I know her name!  On the birth record, the B sure looked like an F - ha!
      I also found that more information for Joseph Gonda's (my husband's grandfather) parents.

      A George Gonda was born abt. 1832 in Kriva.  He was married twice.  His first wife was named, Cecelia (sp?) and she died Nov 28,1872 from complications when giving birth to their daughter, Donna.  George married Rosalin Bastics on Jan 13, 1873.
      George and Rosa had a son, Michael, born Sept 25, 1874, and died Dec. 25, 1874.
      They also had our ancestor, Joseph Gonda.  George Gonda died Dec 2, 1880.  He was 48 yrs old.  The record said that he died of "hydrops".  There were some comments written on the side that I need to try and interpret.
      Seems I hit the 'jackpot' with this film!!!  Later I will have to check LDS films to see if they have the Kriva Roman Catholic Parish Records before 1852 - when this film starts - so I can go back further.

      Jody

      From: Janet Kozlay <kozlay@verizon. <mailto:kozlay% 40verizon. net> net>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK- ROOTS%40yahoogro ups.com> yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 10:07 PM

      Oops. There is another name as well, isn't there. It appears to begin with
      Kriv. Possibilities include Krivanics and Krivarics. I'm not sure why there
      would be what looks like two family names for Roza. Again, I suggest looking
      for siblings' birth records and the marriage record, which may make this all
      clearer.

      Janet

      _____