Geography help, please

  • RJMRAZIK
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2000
      Hello everyone,
      I'm so excited about some new information I recently obtained thanks to
      another very kind researcher! Thanks Ken!
      I now have information from our ancestor's immigration/naturalization
      papers.
      It states that grandpa Stefan/Steve MRAZIK was born 4 April 1889 in Brezova,
      Hungary and grandma Mary KOTES (his wife) was born in Mast, Hungary. She
      was born 31 Jan. 1896.
      What I need to know is, are these places specific enough for me to begin
      trying to obtain information from their homeland, such as birth records etc.
      ? Eventually hoping to learn more about their birthplaces and contact family
      in that area, if any are still there.
      They met and married in the USA. He was Lutheran and she was Roman Catholic.
      Raised their family in her religion.
      Both claimed to be Slovaks from Czechoslovakia. They spoke Slovak and
      belonged to Slovak organizations in the USA.
      I've heard all about the changes to that area. Thanks to those who provided
      that information! One of these days I will have it firmly planted in my
      brain, surgically if necessary! I am having a hard time trying to understand
      & learn pretty much all things Slovakia.. Guess not all that different from
      that what our ancestors might have felt when they came to USA. On second
      though, it had to be much harder for them, for sure!
      This is a great list!
      Thank-you in advance for any information and or suggestions!
      Sincerely,
      Peggy Mrazik
      Searching: JURACSICS, KOTES, MRAZIK