Re: [S-R] need for I.D. when searching

  • Peter Nagy
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2009
      Dear Tom,

      The "Register Obyvatel'ov SR" in Banska Bystrica is a central register
      of all Slovak inhabitants who have permanent residence in Slovakia. This
      is a public register, thus it is not necessary to show your kinship to
      the searched person, but you have to state the reason of your inquiry.
      The written query must include the full name of the searched person and
      its birth date and a Slovak duty (fiscal) stamp, the register will
      return you the present postal address.

      As Michel wrote you, the online phone directory is a very useful tool, I
      compiled hints how to use it:
      http://www.centroconsult.sk/facilities/phonewp.html

      By searching of living relatives there is another public database -
      Slovak land register including all real estate owners in Slovakia. The
      land registers returns even the birth data of the owners. Practically
      each adult Slovak citizen owns some real estate.
      Visit my tutorial
      http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html#how
      in order to learn how to search there

      Good luck