copying FHC records

  • deeprootsaz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2009
      Hi folks,
      some FHC's have a digital machine that you can use to either copy to the copy machine or copy to a thumb drive.

      I do not know if your FHC is large enough to have this machine.
      They have them in SLC and at my center in Mesa, AZ.

      FHC copy policies still apply. You are not allowed to copy the entire film.

      Maryellen

      Re: FHC films arrived!
      Posted by: "pabasia" toomanycrafts@... pabasia
      Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:14 am (PDT)
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com, "Anabeth" <anabeth@... > wrote:
      Hello Annabeth,
      I have used the Greentree FHC facility several years ago to do census searches. I had ordered some film from an area in NY I was interested in but that was when I really didn't have enough information to know where to search never really found anything. Since then I have more information and decided to search again and have a lot of leads for my area. I didn't find anything then so I never found out how to copy or save something if you did. I know you have to manually (at least several years ago you had to) turn the machine. If you find something what do you do, will they let you use a digital camera to copy information?
      Basia