Voter Registration Files = PLICHTA

  • frank.r.plichta@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15 8:55 PM
      This past week I found a database that I do not remember anyone on
      Slovak-Roots talk about: Voter Registration Files.

      As some of you may recall, I search for any reference to the PLICHTA surname
      at any place and at any time in history. My efforts have found 700 living
      PLICHTAs in the world and I have written to almost everyone of them.

      I have identified 70 PLICHTA families that contain 2,654 individuals. Some
      families are as small as 4 individuals others have more than 350 with the
      average between 30-50 individuals.

      This past week I found Voter Registration Files for the states of AR, FL,
      MI, NC, NY, OH and TX. The 166 PLICHTAs comprise approximately 33% of the
      500 or so PLICHTAs living in the United States. I found the data very
      interesting considering that it is current data. Most registrations were
      between the 1970's thru October 2008. Approximately 42% are between the
      years 2000 and 2008. A few go back as far as the 1950's.

      Voter's names and addresses, birthdates (sometimes only the birth year),
      date of registration, voter ID#'s and only a small percentage, approximately
      22% showed voter party affiliation. By the way the PLICHTAs are 2:1 more
      likely to be Republican.

      The site is not free and is located at: http://www.recordsarea.com
      <http://www.recordsarea.com/> . Costs are approximately $29.95 for one
      year and there are many more different databases available to search. Be
      careful however, since they try to tease you to dig deeper using "search
      credits" which cost extra. You get 15 credits with your membership. I
      found all of the data that I wanted without using any of my credits.

      You can make all kinds of interesting observations about your surname. For
      example 13% of the women have Ann/Anna/Anne for their middle name but only
      3% use Ann as a first name. Only 1% of the women use Lynn as a first name
      while 10% have Lynn/Lyn as a middle name.

      The data is very interesting and something that you might find interesting
      if you are looking for recent data on you surnames.

      Good Luck. Enjoy the hunt.

      Frank

      "Searching the world for PLICHTAs"