Re: [S-R] CLEVELAND, OH - JEWETT ST. OR AVE.

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 15, 2009
      Hello:

      I believe that I may have seen some information about some relatives of mine
      in the Ava, Ohio area, but it has been a while and I cannot recollect the
      exact information. My surname BALOGA -- literally meaning "of BALOG"
      ultimately originates from the GOMOR/GEMER region as it is the name of a river
      (BALOG/BLH), a tributary of the SAJO/SLANA river between the RIMA/RIMAVA river and
      the TUROC/TURIEC I have alsodone extension historical research regarding the
      GOMOR/GEMER region, especially in the BALOG/BLH river valley region. My
      great, great, great grandfather JAN HRONEC was also from the GEMER region --
      ROZNAVA to be exact and my HRONEC clan in the valley around BERZETE/BRZOTIN and
      KRASNA HORKA.

      My mother grew up near in the Tremont area - off of West 14th Street. Her
      parents were Polish -- KUBIT and MOSKAL -- are the surnames of her parents.
      Please feel free to contact me directly at _David1Law@..._
      (mailto:David1Law@...) .

      Best regards,

      David Baloga