FHC films arrived!

  • Anabeth
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12 11:32 AM
      Judy --

      Much to my surprise, the Myjava Lutheran Church films that I ordered appeared this week at the Greentree FHC, less than a month after I ordered them. So there's hope that you won't have to wait until midsummer to get the Radosovce films that you ordered last week.

      Anabeth
    • pabasia
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13 7:14 AM
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Anabeth" <anabeth@...> wrote:
        Hello Annabeth,
        I have used the Greentree FHC facility several years ago to do census searches. I had ordered some film from an area in NY I was interested in but that was when I really didn't have enough information to know where to search never really found anything. Since then I have more information and decided to search again and have a lot of leads for my area. I didn't find anything then so I never found out how to copy or save something if you did. I know you have to manually (at least several years ago you had to) turn the machine. If you find something what do you do, will they let you use a digital camera to copy information?
        Basia
        > Judy --
        >
        > Much to my surprise, the Myjava Lutheran Church films that I ordered appeared this week at the Greentree FHC, less than a month after I ordered them. So there's hope that you won't have to wait until midsummer to get the Radosovce films that you ordered last week.
        >
        > Anabeth

      • Anabeth Dollins
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13 8:56 AM
          Basia --

          The FHC in Greentree, PA has many computers available now. You can save
          records from microfilm to your thumb drive; you can use your digital camera;
          you can even email records to yourself . . . or you can use their
          not-so-great printer to print out records.

          Anabeth